Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

Asylum Patience, Tag: Time/Asher
Vox Evolutis
YEARS
Moonlight Manipulation
Single
My silence is not weakness but the beginning of my revenge.
played by Jez

Posted on: Jul 6 2017, 01:26 AM
In The Dark
and the nightmare was me
The taste of hospital was like plastic on her tongue, and the assassin despised it. Since the horror of losing Zoe, Isis had embraced a lot of new things, such as her hair and the way the dye bled throughout it. It was quite the fashion statement as she had been told on several an occasion since returning to the States. She had also embraced letting certain emotions. At this time, that included anger, sorrow, and the overwhelming need for vengeance. Unfortunately, as much as she wished she could do it all on her own, it simply was not possible. She needed allies. Which was the only reason she was in this hospital for the mentally ill.

Silver eyes masked by blue contacts glanced at one of the clocks on the wall as she traversed her way through the labyrinth of halls. She'd had to ask for directions twice since entering the sprawling institution but it was mostly for show. She had studied the blueprints of the facility prior to setting this plan into motion. Regardless, on paper was different than in person. The first time was for show because it was expected and the second was legitimate. Stepping into another hallway, she glanced at a different clock as she passed.

Isis offered a friendly smile to two nurses as the walked by, which immediately fell once they were gone. The assassin finally found the room. Hesitating outside, she entered, finding the woman in question sitting in a wheelchair staring blankly out the window. Without saying a word, Isis moved over to the bed, sitting on its edge. She glanced at the clock again before crossing her legs and waited. The woman continued to sit and stare, saying nothing, residing in her own world for the moment.

Eyes looked to the clock again. Any moment now.

words: ### | tag: here | notes: go here

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
White Rose
YEARS
Psionic Speed
It's Complicated
"So don't you call my name, I will take you down. Should've known that you've been dancing with a wolf."
played by Timeless

Posted on: Jul 10 2017, 04:29 PM

NO LOVE FOR A LIAR
Twenty-seven doors. Four hallways. Asher had the path constructed in his mind before he took the first step onto the road when the walk sign flashed white. Even with the exposure of super humans to the world, he was careful to not give away his abilities when he wasn’t aiming for attention. Right now was the worst time to garner attention. No one could know Asher was here. He didn’t even know how she had found out about him, about his mother in the mental health hospital.

The Manhattan Psychiatric Center towered over him at 17-stories. The Wards Island hospital had become as familiar to him as his apartment back in Highcres, even though he had sworn to himself he wouldn’t come back to see her here. It gave his enemies ammunition if they found out he had this kind of weakness. A few of the people on staff had agreed to watch out for anyone who took particular interest in visiting his mother. That was how he wound up receiving a call only a few short hours ago.

”Mr. Holt, a woman just stopped off into your mother’s room. Would you like us to ask her to leave?”

He’d told them no a millisecond before he hung up the phone, blood running cold. If it was anyone with any kind of ability, confrontation could lead to casualties. And his mother was a casualty he couldn’t stomach.

The second he entered the facility, his senses were awash with the sterility that kept disease from breeding. Except for a tightening around his eyes, his reaction to the environment was unnoticeable. A woman greeted him at the desk, and the very fact that she knew him made Asher concerned. He hadn’t been careful enough. If anyone asked after him, really asked, patient-doctor confidentiality couldn’t save his family.

”I’m just here to visit my mother,” he told her, walking past without any pleasantries. This time, he indulged himself in his powers. He pushed open the door to the stairwell and in the blink of an eye, he was on the right floor. It was no different than any of the others, except maybe slightly more expensive accommodations. It took a good amount of his money to keep her here.

His mother was staring out the window. He knew she hated the way the sunshine turned a shade of blue coming through the glass. The flowers he’d brought her last time were dead and brown. He took all that in instantly, using his power to accelerate his body so he could observe what he was walking into before anyone was aware of his presence. The woman sitting on the bed was a stranger to him.

The world snapped back into linear time. He rapped his knuckles against the doorframe, smiling at her politely when she glanced his way. ”I’m afraid visiting hours will be coming to a close soon,” he told her, speaking professionally like he was staff. From the way he was dressed, it was obvious he wasn’t, unless he’d just gotten off shift. ”Is there something I can help you with before you leave?” There was a glint in his eyes, a barely masked nervousness. He prided himself on control, but this was one area of his life he couldn’t control. Not perfectly.
tag: isis — notes: seriously so pumped!
FOXX
PM
^
Vox Evolutis
YEARS
Moonlight Manipulation
Single
played by Jez

Posted on: Jul 11 2017, 01:50 AM
In The Dark
and the nightmare was me
It was only because she'd been watching for him that she wasn't taken by surprise at his sudden arrival, but, regardless, her hackles raised at the feeling that she'd been taken unaware. "Are you certain?" the assassin asked, the blue of her contacts alighting on him. He could kill her in a heartbeat. Literally, in the space of a heartbeat. But Isis had never been one to entertain fear... often. "I was informed visiting hours extended well into the evening. It's only mid-afternoon." Her tone was conversational and her posture seemingly relaxed. Her eyes, however, were a different story.

He was handsome and young, both excellent factors that could play a key role into fooling those around him to believe he was not a threat. He seemed capable and in control if his current response to her unwanted presence in his mother's room was any indication. He had the potential of charm laced within the choice of his words.

Isis waved a hand dismissively in the air. "Not more than you're capable of giving, I hope," she responded, a touch of enigma to her own wording. She uncrossed her legs, setting her feet flat on the floor and shoulder width apart. The full focus of her gaze settled on him near the door. "Come in. Shut the door. Give your mother some privacy." Typically doors weren't allowed to be shut in a hospital like this, but there were also no cameras in the room.

Instead of killing her, obviously knowing explaining a dead body might be impossible and making off with her might be a bit much, he shut the door. Isis smiled, the expression lacking warmth. She did not know what warmth was anymore. "I want to kill the Vox Dei," she said simply and suddenly, matter-of-fact. "It would be an easier undertaking if I had your help to do it."

Isis stood, slipping the contacts out in the same motion. When she lifted her head again, she stared at him with the full intensity of her pupil-less silver gaze. "I have not come here to harm your mother. She was merely a means to grab your attention." Regardless his answer, his mother was safe from her. She had no desire to kill an innocent.

words: ### | tag: here | notes: go here

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
White Rose
YEARS
Psionic Speed
It's Complicated
"So don't you call my name, I will take you down. Should've known that you've been dancing with a wolf."
played by Timeless

Posted on: Jul 15 2017, 09:20 AM

NO LOVE FOR A LIAR
Asher kept his cordial smile in place, even when the woman turned to him, eyes a vibrant shade of blue. The color didn’t track well with her irises, and the man would bet his entire bank account she was wearing color contacts. The reason for doing so was her own. ”I’m afraid someone must have been misinformed when they told you that,” Asher said, his voice level and steady, not betraying his fear with any fluctuation in his tone. ”Visitation hours are more limited with certain patients due to special request.” His request, in the case of his mother. There was a short list of people who could come whenever common hours were open to visit her, but they were few.

He took a step further into the room at her words. She did have something she wanted. Of course, she did. The woman was Vox; she had to be. His posture relaxed, he leaned against the doorframe, forcing himself to play the picture of relaxation in the face of the threat she posed. ”That’s an odd request from a visitor,” he observed, though he caught the edge of the door and pulled it close, pushing it the last half inch until it clicked. He did this all without his gaze ever leaving her. A closed door only presented an extra half second of effort using his powers. Saving his mother could still be done. And killing this woman now was impossible. It was safer to hear her out, play the diplomatic angle for as long as he could. Charm went farther than violence ever did.

Her words stunned him, and it was obvious. He was still young, and having total mastery over emotions took years of practice. This woman had it in the coldness of her smile as she suggested an act that would get them both blown off the map. Funny how that was in his plan. It wouldn’t be immediate, but the Vox Dei would die, and the Vox would disintegrate, leaving only his own group behind: the White Rose.

”Many things would be easier with my help,” he answered her finally, his eyes narrowed and gaze shrewd as she stood. The second the blue left her eyes, his jaw clenched. “A bold move to get my attention, for a Vox operative who thinks she can trick me into believing she wants her leader dead. Try again with someone who doesn’t know who you are. I’ve heard a tale or two about you—the Vox assassin with the silver eyes.”
FOXX
PM
^
Vox Evolutis
YEARS
Moonlight Manipulation
Single
played by Jez

Posted on: Jul 16 2017, 08:39 PM
In The Dark
and the nightmare was me
The man was quick on his feet and quicker with his tongue. Isis could be charming, but it seemed anymore a great feat to even pretend. She could destroy, maim, annihilate, and plan, but Asher’s power allowed him easier access to things that wouldn’t involve destruction. It wasn’t true what the rumors said about her. She was called the Lady of Death because she doled it out, but she didn’t particularly enjoy killing. It just was. It was a job. There were only certain moments in her life where that had not been the case. In her childhood when she’d been freed from servitude and when she’d begun the arduous task of avenging Zoe.

Isis simply smiled in response to the speedster’s reply. It was obvious he wanted her gone. It would make anyone nervous to have a stranger visiting their mother in a mental institution. But the assassin had no time nor desire for games so when he shut the door, she came out with the reason for her presence. The shock was evident on his face, but there was a touch of desire there. A brief flash. It told her everything she needed to know. His aim was, at least eventually, to end the Vox Dei himself. She revealed her identity for several reasons, chief among them being she wanted him to know exactly who she was and what her position had been in the Vox.

The broken woman slipped the contacts back in while the other ex-Vox member refused her. She locked gazes with him again, the silver of her gaze masked once more. “Then you are outdated with the tales you’ve heard,” she said simply. She sat again, crossing her legs. She looked at the spot on the bed beside her, indicating he should sit. She doubted he would. “If you would like to hear the updated version, I would tell it to you. Think carefully,” she cautioned. “I seem like a trap, but my help toward a similar goal would not be a bad idea for you, either. You might want to at least hear me out.”

His mother made a hushed noise, and Isis looked over at the frail woman. “I would suggest talking elsewhere… but with what is to come, unless you are with me, you won’t want there to be a chance anyone has seen us talking.” A testament to a softness lurking in her heart, otherwise she would not have cared if he was put in harm’s way merely by associating with her. If Isis died, then she died. She was prepared for that. She had been since she decided to become an assassin. But after Zoe’s death, she’d also decided that it would be best for others to live if they could.

sit down and let me tell you a thing XD

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
White Rose
YEARS
Psionic Speed
It's Complicated
played by Timeless

Posted on: Jul 17 2017, 11:51 PM

NO LOVE FOR A LIAR
When the assassin restored the blue contacts to her eyes, Asher’s own eyes narrowed. Only fractionally. In the next breath, his face was carefully devoid of further emotion. He didn’t move from just beside the closed door, even as the woman took her place back on the bed and denied what he had said. Outdated tales or not, Asher was not quick to change his opinion. He only trusted the ex-vox that he had personally turned to his side. Anyone else represented a wild card, variables that he could not fully control. And Asher, he thrived off control.

She was right though, and the logic she offered him made Asher step forward. He needed allies. From the stories he had heard about the assassin sitting in front of him, she was a powerful one to have, and he would be a fool to not at least listen to her story. After he listened, he could decide whether to take any further risk. Listening gave him nothing to lose.

He slowly forced his muscles to relax. It took seconds before the speedster appeared completely at ease, as if he was having a conversation with an old friend. Slowly, he walked to the window, studying the dead plants that had once been vibrant with life when he’d brought them to brighten his mother’s room. ”Tell me a story, then,” he said, offering the assassin a manufactured carefree smile. ”I’ve got time, and since you’re here, it would be rude to turn you away.”

His gaze flashed to his mother. ”Besides, it does my mother good to socialize now and then.” There was no tenderness in his eyes, but it was in his voice when he spoke of his mother. Tenderness undercut by a thread of pain that did not reflect on his face.
FOXX
PM
^
Vox Evolutis
YEARS
Moonlight Manipulation
Single
played by Jez

Posted on: Jul 18 2017, 04:31 PM
In The Dark
and the nightmare was me
Smart.

Asher had agreed to hearing her out, and Isis gave a mental nod of satisfaction. He was logical enough to see the sense in her suggestion. More than that, he was brave enough to follow it through and tactful enough in the way he agreed. He may not be aware of it, but this entire meeting was a test on multiple levels to see if he was the kind of person she should bother to align herself with. After all, her end goal was to kill the Vox Dei himself, which would not be an easy task. She couldn't afford to ally herself with simpletons.

His comment regarding his mother's social habits brought the assassin's eyes back to the woman. Isis had never known her parents. Rather, she could not remember them, the first day in her memory the day she'd woken up bloodied and bruised, alone, in a dirty alley in Cairo, Egypt. Seeing the woman in her current state, Isis mused whether it was better to not know one's parents at all or if knowing them was better even if they suffered like his mother now suffered.

"It is true," she began, "what you're thinking. I worked closely with the Vox Dei. I was his personal assassin, sent out on assignments when he felt that success wasn't an option. He paid me for my services... at a discount since I more or less felt connected to the cause, or at least the one he'd shared with me." She shook her head, as if feeling the stupidity at believing him. "I still worked on the side, however, and he knew it. One of my outside assignments was protecting a girl. Save me the irony of an assassin working to protect a life instead of take it." Her jaw clenched. "I did the one thing a person in my line of work should never do. I got attached."

Isis forced her jaw to relax, beating the surge of her power down as well. "He let her die. I only ever asked one thing of him... and he was too much a coward to control his own zealots and he let her die." She met Asher's eyes. "So I'm going to kill him. He can't control his own dogs, so he needs to be put down."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
White Rose
YEARS
Psionic Speed
It's Complicated
played by Timeless

Posted on: Jul 18 2017, 05:08 PM

NO LOVE FOR A LIAR
Asher’s fingers brushed over the drying leaves of the first plant on the windowsill, feeling for any sign that life might be brought back. He listened to the assassin as he tended to the flowers. It was almost calming to focus on the small breath of nature in his hands instead of what she was proposing. Her story was heavy, and she spoke with anger making her voice stronger, instead of making it shake. Asher valued a person who could harden their hate into a plan, rather than allowing it to tear them apart. It didn’t mean he trusted that person, but it caught his attention, even making him glance back over his shoulder at her.

He was that person. His anger, and all the betrayal in his life, had made him stronger. But what did it make a woman who already made her living by killing people? Unnecessary violence was not something that Asher indulged in. He played it smart. Dead bodies left tracks far harder to hide. But there was no denying that an assassin’s skills could be impossibly useful.

“I don’t agree,” Asher said, studying the jump of the muscle in the woman’s cheek, telling him that she’d clenched her jaw. Interesting. Emotion he hadn’t expected to see on her face, and there it was. “Your attachment to the girl made you stronger, more motivated. If he’d done what he promised, you’d have been his greatest ally.” He left the windowsill and sat on the bed where she’d first gestured for him to sit. It was an act of marginal trust. “Love and attachment isn’t the weakness that shallow men think it is.”

His gaze wandered from her to his mother. “Love makes you hate injustice and crave something better for the world.” It was clear he believed the assassin. In his line of work, secretly recruiting for the White Rose, he had become highly adept at discerning lies from the truth. It was still possible for him to be fooled, but he would take that chance now.

“And I can’t stand injustice,” he murmured, his eyes locking with hers. “What he did was unforgivable.”

And this was how he had become the leader of the White Rose.
FOXX
PM
^
Vox Evolutis
YEARS
Moonlight Manipulation
Single
played by Jez

Posted on: Jul 18 2017, 08:47 PM
In The Dark
and the nightmare was me
His disagreement didn't surprise her. Anyone truly for a cause were filled with ideology. His happened to be that connections made people stronger, and perhaps he was right, but it also offered the perfect weakness for enemies. If not for her attachment to Zoe, she would never have put herself in the danger she had in order to save her time after time. Then again... without Zoe she never would have found it within herself to rise to the occasion and wipe out an entire group of zealous mutants. Granted, she'd had a power negator to help her, but recruiting him, too, had been a risk she likely would not have taken if not for the desperate need she'd had to try and save Zoe.

Too bad she had failed.

Isis eyed the charmer when he suggested that if the Vox Dei had saved her Zoe that she would have been his most loyal dog. No, he hadn't said it that way, but she knew that's what she would have been. Nothing more than a loyal dog like the rest of his followers. They were either misguided like he was or they were ignorant to his true designs. Perhaps, as much as it hurt, Zoe's death had been necessary for Isis to wake up from the complacency she had found herself in.

The assassin remained silent, allowing the younger man to make his point, to stand on his own passionate--albeit a quiet passion--soapbox. She'd heard a similar speech more times than she could count from the Vox Dei, but he hadn't been peddling the full truth. His version of righting injustice was to put mutants at the top of the food chain, thereby controlling the world if possible. She wondered what Asher's was. After all, he'd broken away from the Vox so clearly he either thought he could do a better job than the Vox Dei or his version of righting injustice was different.

Either way, it didn't matter. Isis had no need for causes.

"You're right," she stated, unaffected by his pretty fervent words. She stood, glancing over at his mother before looking down at him. "But I don't require your ideology, Asher Holt. I require your help..." Her eyes trailed down to his legs before back up to his face. "And your speed. In exchange, I freely give you whatever knowledge about the Vox and its useless leader that you need to that end. As you can see, I had access to a lot of information before I was betrayed."

Hands digging into the pockets on the seat of her pants, Isis added, "I also suggest you move your mother. She's not safe here anymore." She looked over her shoulder at the door as if expecting it to open any moment. "The second I discovered the connection, it endangered her." She returned her gaze to the speedster. "What's it to be then? You in or you out?" One answer would assure her help and the other would result in her walking out the door and leaving him to deal with the fallout on his own.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
White Rose
YEARS
Psionic Speed
It's Complicated
played by Timeless

Posted on: Jul 19 2017, 12:54 PM

NO LOVE FOR A LIAR
Asher remained sitting on the bed, his gaze on the assassin as she rose. She moved with a singular kind of grace that told him she was excellent at her work. When she threw his speech back at him with obvious disinterest—perhaps even a mark of disdain—Asher did not show offense. Quite the opposite. The speedster’s mouth slowly pulled into a smile. He loved his ability to control people, but there were moments when the world felt too simple to Asher. She would not be that. But regardless of his failed attempt to sway her to his conviction, she still wanted a partnership between them. Interesting. Asher had not had a partnership in months. Not since Lex had left.

“I already have arrangements being made,” he said, answering the assassin’s remark about his mother needing a new place to stay. Asher’s need for control meant he had a thousand contingency plans for every outcome. Of course he had prepared for the day that someone would find where his mother was. Her identity and connection to him would be wiped and then she would be relocated to another hospital outside of New York. He would not visit her again. No sadness reflected in his steady gaze.

He stood, copying her easy stance. It was a mirroring technique used often in manipulation. People trusted those who were more like them, and even if Asher did not believe this woman would ever trust him, he did it naturally, without thinking. “If you can provide usable information, then you have my interest.” He glanced to his mother and then back to the assassin. “Next time, you can find me in Highcrest. I’m aware of your time there, so I’m sure you know your way around. And if you can find my mother here,” he paused with a friendly smile, “I know it will be no trouble to find me there.”
FOXX
PM
^
Vox Evolutis
YEARS
Moonlight Manipulation
Single
played by Jez

Posted on: Jul 20 2017, 12:17 AM
In The Dark
and the nightmare was me
Asher's smile piqued her interest. Instead of a childish tantrum that she had not groveled in the face of his pretty speech, he seemed... pleased that she hadn't? Would pleased be the right word? Amused? Isis wasn't certain, but neither did it matter. Probably. As long as he accepted that they could work together without her lapping up his ideology like the fanatic most leaders of causes felt comfortable with. The assassin nodded at Asher's response. Considering what she'd had to go through to track him down, he seemed a capable man that planned contingencies for every, well, plan. An admirable trait, and one that afforded confidence in her choice to align herself with him. Knowing that he held not trust of her intentions, she did not bother offering assistance that he would be a fool to accept this early in the game.

"No, it will not, especially if you tread loudly for me to track," she smirked, allowing a touch of amusement at her own cleverness to enter her expression. The stance he copied shifted as Isis half-turned toward the door, a frown stealing away her amusement. "Maybe a demonstration of what I can offer you if you, in turn, offer me the same will keep that interest you speak of," she said, somewhat cryptically. The meaning of her words became clearer as she approached the door, standing off to one side of it. Letting her power course through her, the contacts burned away beneath its onslaught to once again reveal her inhuman silver eyes.

"Looks like they were on my tail closer than I imagined." Isis reached out, hand covering the door handle. Silver light enveloped hand and handle causing the metal to melt, serving to refuse anyone entry unless they were to beat the door down. Flexing the muscles in her hand, she pulled it away, the light dying. "Do you think you can carry your mother? I believe we'll have to take the window exit."

A heavy pounding came at the door once it was obvious by the unwanted guests that the normal means of entry afforded them nothing.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
White Rose
YEARS
Psionic Speed
It's Complicated
played by Timeless

Posted on: Jul 20 2017, 01:01 PM

NO LOVE FOR A LIAR
Asher showed no reaction to her smirk other than the passively think that it only made her look more dangerous. There was a predator in her smile. He could always use a person like that to further his own cause, even if they did not share his beliefs. His weight shifted forward like he planned to run when she turned toward the door, losing her smile. He knew before she said anything that someone was approaching—why else would she shift her attention when otherwise he had found her hyper vigilant in his presence?

Asher’s gaze moved to the door and only fleetingly returned to the assassin when she spoke. At some point, he would really need to learn her name. He’d only heard her called the Lady of Death, and there were some who called her Artemis due to her affinity to the moon. He wasn’t sure exactly how the assassin was connected to the moon, but he supposed it was in her best interest not to share that information.

Momentarily, he grew distracted by the sudden burning silver of her eyes, glowing with raw power. Interesting. He studied her as that silver light soon emanated from her hand and destroyed the handle of the door. It was unlike any power he’d seen before, and Asher had a lot of experience with a variety of mutant powers. “I can,” he affirmed, moving to his mother’s side without a single visible step. He lifted her up in his arms, knowing that she would prevent the use of his top speeds. That was fine. He also couldn’t leave behind the assassin—not when they were working on a deal.

Moving toward the window, he leveraged it open with his hand, cursing at how difficult it was with his mother’s weight in his arms. Her eyes were slowly widening, moving from him and back to the pounding on the door.

“Someone’s at the door, Ash, will you go get it for me? I don’t feel like getting up.” She didn’t seem to be aware he was holding her at all, and it made her stiff in his arms. “I hope it’s not that Parkers boy from across the street. His mother came by yesterday and said you’d gotten into an argument.”

Asher’s eyes narrowed and he refused to look at the assassin or his mother. He didn’t need this woman getting glimpses into his past. No one knew his life’s story. Not even Lex. “We’re just going out for a bit. I’ll be sure to give them a call later,” he told her, his voice soft, hoping not to alert the people on the other side to his presence.

“This isn’t the door,” she observed, just as the window finally slid open thanks to the assassin.

Asher glanced at her, his mouth in a grim line. “After you.”
FOXX
PM
^
Vox Evolutis
YEARS
Moonlight Manipulation
Single
played by Jez

Posted on: Jul 31 2017, 11:51 PM
In The Dark
and the nightmare was me
The speed with which Asher moved over to his mother unnerved the assassin, but she displayed none of it. Momentarily, she considered withdrawing the knives on her person--since the gun at the small of her back would be too conspicuous--but decided that either they would escape without an altercation and therefore any weapon would be unnecessary or it would result in violence and the matter of conspicuousness wouldn't, well, matter. Asher carried his frail mother over to the window as Isis eyed he door to see if it would hold. The pounding began, it held, and his mother made idle conversation. Isis appeared to not hear, but she cataloged every word the woman spoke. She might be crazy, but that did not change the fact her words held truth.

Satisfied that it would take a minute for their pursuers to break through, Isis turned confidently on the balls of her feet and appeared at Asher's side to help him with the window. She was strong but only due to the physical conditioning she'd gone through to keep her body in peak physical shape. Absolutely necessary for her line of work. However, while she could do the job as well as he when it came to strength, her speed was nothing compared to his and when carrying a second body, her own normal speed would be reduced. She hoped his speed would counteract the strain of carrying the extra weight. Not to mention, violence was her cup of tea, as it were.

"A door serves as a way in and out," Isis said conversationally, glancing at his mother, "so right now, it is." The assassin eyed the speedster. "After you would be best. It wouldn't end well if they broke down the door before you were able to get through... with your mother slowing you down." She assumed he would see the logic behind her words and exit the window first. He did, and she assisted him as best she could.

He was on solid ground with her leg over the sill when the door was blasted off his hinges. Blasted was not the correct word. More like torn. Isis expected a large behemoth to enter the room, but a slight blonde girl no more than five feet tall stepped inside. Silver eyes narrowed. She should have known. Gwen Taggart, the Vox's resident strength mutant. It seemed impossible, but she had likely punched the door right off its hinges. A tall lanky man who appeared in his early forties with a manicured grizzled beard hobbled into the room. Isis did not recognize him.

"Close your eyes," she commanded quietly to Asher before hold up a hand and letting off a flash of brilliant light that left the duo inside the room discombobulated, blinking at the sudden swirling colors in their vision. Isis took advantage of the momentary distraction and quickly strode across the rooftop. She stopped by another window and propped it open. Luckily it wasn't locked. "After you," she said, mirroring his earlier words, and gestured for Asher to proceed. "And don't let the little one get a hold on you. Even your speed won't save you from her then."

let the violence commence!

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
White Rose
YEARS
Psionic Speed
It's Complicated
played by Timeless

Posted on: Aug 2 2017, 07:17 PM

NO LOVE FOR A LIAR
Asher’s eyes narrowed, the grim line of his mouth never wavering. The thought of turning his back to anyone burned the back of his throat like bile. Trust was hard to come by in the reality of this world they lived; he had trusted Lex. She had left him with no explanation, no word. His blood boiled at the thought, and the anger flickered in his eyes as he stared back at the assassin who presented him with an obvious choice—a choice he despised making while knowing he had no alternative. But there was no lasting time to struggle with his emotions. He shoved them down and struggled through the window ahead of the assassin.

He did not look back over his shoulder until the ground beneath him trembled and the door exploded inward, flying across his mother’s room and landing with a horrible crash. That would bring the orderlies and nurses. They would assume the commotion was caused by a patient—unless they were already dead, dispatched by the Vox pursuing him and the assassin. He wondered who it was they were truly after. If he sacrificed the assassin to them, would that buy him time? Would it save his mother?

Asher’s gaze went fleetingly to the assassin, and he took a breath, the world shuddering around him until it slowed. This was his favorite use of his power, a sort of spectator mode where he elevated himself to a higher speed than the rest of the world, frozen in place but watching everything in slow motion. This was why people assumed he was so fast to assess a situation. He had an edge. Now it allowed him to consider the two mutants in the room, judging the girl to possess superior strength. The man’s power was not immediately apparent, and that concerned Asher more. Last, he considered the assassin, her lips beginning to move. The world snapped back to life, and Asher decided one thing.

He would not bet against the woman with the silver eyes.

His eyes shut at her order, lights dancing beyond his eyelids. When the show of her power was done, his eyes opened, spots at the edge of his vision despite the fact that he had looked away. Her power…he would need to do research. But not now. For now, he ran to the room and followed the assassin across. And again, after you, she said, and he swallowed down the bile that rose, stepping inside. “Transportation is waiting for my mother at the ground level of the building.” His grip tightened around his mother, who slumped against him now, exhausted by everything, her breathing heavy. A wheelchair at the door of the room they were now in would be useful. He set her down in it. “The back stairwell of the building has security cameras that will be offline now. If the Vox are tapped into the feed, which I assume they will be, their team will head there first.” His gaze cut to the assassin. “Which is why we’re walking out the front door.”

He stepped closer to the woman, eyes narrowed and studying her, only inches apart. He never had a problem with personal space, and there was no time for a verbal threat. He fought to control the fear in his voice, and it worked; he was steady and focused. “Take my mother down to the front doors, hand her over to the transportation waiting in a blue sedan. I can’t run fast enough to take her myself, and the back stairwell buys us only a minute. I’m going to create a distraction. That I am fast enough to do.”
FOXX
PM
^
Vox Evolutis
YEARS
Moonlight Manipulation
Single
played by Jez

Posted on: Aug 6 2017, 08:11 PM
In The Dark
and the nightmare was me
The sun was bright, and Isis slid on the pair of sunglasses that hung from the collar of her shirt, making the daylight bearable to her sensitive eyes. They moved into the next room whose occupant was not present. The bed was unmade, however, and it was clear the room was lived in. Haphazardly crafted pencil sketches were spread out over the plastic desk in the corner, but the assassin paid little attention to unimportant details. They were here to escape, and while the flash of light would slow them down until they could reclaim their bearings, it would likely not take them longer than a minute to renew the chase in earnest.

Silver eyes snapped to Asher when he spoke of transportation waiting to collect his mother. Impressive. He must have truly arranged the transfer when he first received knowledge of her presence at this hospital and that her aim was to see his mother. His planning and foresight served as a boon to his resume of worth. Her attention moved away from him as her mind worked through the possible exit strategies she had prepared before coming to the mental hospital, knowing that it was extremely likely that the Vox would be hot on her heels. Not this hot, but she preferred to plan for the worst, and it had come in handy.

Isis matched pace with Asher as he went to the door to place his mother in a conveniently abandoned wheelchair. The assassin peeked into the hallway assessing it's current vacancy. A nurse's station was at the end of the hall where other hallways met in a junction. At the other end was a locked stairwell that was only accessible by the employees. Asher spoke true possibilities, and Isis was beginning to craft a course of action when the speedster voiced his own.

She looked at him again, measuring his confidence. He knew this building better than her, she was certain, or he would never have left his mother in it. He stepped closer to her, threat evident in his breach of personal space. Unimpressed, silver eyebrows arched questioningly. His speed would cause her distress if he decided to lash out, but although he had her at a disadvantage, she had tricks up her sleeve that would make it possible to survive an encounter with a speedster. That wasn't to say she was keen on the idea of trying her luck because luck had a tendency to run out when it was least beneficial, and her skill could only carry her so far.

Isis did not call him out on threatening her. If it helped him feel better about stepping into a nonverbal contract with her then so be it. Not to say he hadn't sincerely meant any threat he'd conveyed, but a threat was a threat. She could easily deal with those, and the act did no harm. "I would ask what you have planned, but we don't have time." Isis grabbed ahold of the wheelchair's handles and began pushing his mother down toward the end of the hallway where she would bypass the nurse's station. There were several things that could go wrong with his plan, but it wasn't as if other options were much better. She would have to trust that he wanted his mother safe and would do whatever it took to make it happen, including momentarily trusting her.

"Don't get yourself killed," Isis called back, pace quickening with purpose. She could be a team player when the occasion called for it.

let the violence commence!

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply

Admin - Mod - Member - Guest