|Help Search Members Calendar|
|Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )||Resend Validation Email|
Posted on: Jan 13 2018, 07:30 AM
Group consists of Erixs the Tabaxi Fighter (Silver), Rekka the Tiefling Sorcerer (Jade), and Shannaira the Elf Cleric (Jez). What follows is a walkthrough of their adventure from 6am to 11:30 am (Lohke time), as formulated by Jez (additional notes in parentheses by Lohke):
• ambushed fluffy cat by 3 humans (three thugs attacked Erixs, causing Shan and Rekka to approach for assistance.)
• Shannaira healed Erixs. He injured one. Shannaira attacked. Failed. Got capped in the knee. Rekka BROUGHT THE FIRE. Remaining guy ran away and Erixs killed him. THOSE MURDERERS
• rest at an inn. Next day they're travelling (have no idea why the psychos are still hanging out, weird)
• meet this crazy man with an sick son. Thankfully he didn't lead them to a candy house and there really was a son who was sick.
• Traipsed off into the gloomy forest. They are gluttons for punishment.
• Wolf comes out of nowhere. Growling. Rawr. Rekka STARTS THE FOREST ON FIRE LIKE OMG WHYYYYYYYY. Shannaira to the rescue again and puts out the fire. you're welcome how dare you burn down nature (Rekka rolled a NAT 1 on fire bolt, and hit 4 trees)
• Wolf attacks Erix. Dog vs Cat. Age old conflict
• But don't worry, fluffy cat won
• They CONTINUE even further into the gloomy forest. They are obviously certifiable
• They come to a creepy temple looking place. Fluffy cat gets thirsty and approaches nasty stagnant water but gets attacked by a GIANT poisonous serpent. hiss hiss. he goes down. for the count. cat nap. not the time!
• Shannaira shot it with an arrow. Boss. Rekka decides she's gonna give it shock therapy. She fails and gets attacked. She also goes down for the count. Shannaira is all alone now!
• Don't worry. She keeps her distance and shoots it with another arrow
• ELVEN ARCHERY FOR THE WIN
• oh, did i mention she spares the dying on BOTH of them (a surprisingly useful cantrip spell.)
• they live to fight another day
• instead of taking the win and going home the fools decide to go into the temple. Unfortunately, Erixs considerable strength fails him and the skinny elf has to force the door open. embarrassing
• Weird front lobby. Crazy illusion floor that ate Shannaira's stick. (Shan threw an unlit torch at the trap in the floor; room contains 3 doors and a staircase. West door is warded.)
• Cat goes upstairs toward creepy silent guy (Erixs spotted a humanoid standing at the top of the stairs, who didn't reply as they were addressed)
• Does not know sign language (neither to the group, and no one tried sign language anyway)
• Uncertain of robed man's intelligence (-4)
• Man runs away. Everyone follows. Except elf stands at top of stairs
• for their backup, of course
• 1 MULTIPLIES INTO 4 (Zombie retreats and returns with backup)
• AND RAWR COME AFTER FLOOF AND FIRESTARTER
• SHANNAIRA SOMEHOW KILLS THE LEAD GUY WITH A TORCH STICK (Shan crits as she throws a torch as an improvised weapon)
• like... how
• JUST HOW
• the cleric is inconsolable (she thinks she killed a human)
• rolls cannot persuade
• Rekka has had it with her crap and goes off to investigate the warded door. (Does not touch though) Erixs awkwardly pats Shan and tries to convince her it was likely a zombie she SLAUGHTERED
• finally, they convince her to pull herself together
• They check out some food but it's super sketchy so no go on that. Def fey food. No bueno (Food in dining room was covered by dust, but still warm and pleasant smelling.)
• The next room (Kitchen) has a staircase up and down. They go down because they're all cave dwellers
• Boxes and boxes. Looks like they were moving but changed their mind. The elf doesn't use her brain and decides to winch open the portcullis. WHEEEEEE DOWn SHE GOES (since she activated a pit trap)
• luckily she didn't BREAk HER STUPID LEGS
• But don't worry, floof kitty redeemed himself and with rippling pectorals, he uses his rope to lift Shan from the pit
• They find a lever and Erixs pulls it. The portcullis opens. Erixs and Rekka go through and Shan stays behind to make sure their exit is covered. They spring a trap and flood everything. Rude. Think of the water damage (Bursted cistern, not a planned trap)
• : Erixs can then be found screaming/hissing like a little girl on top of a table, eying the water
• TO make matters worse, Rekka, DESPITE SEEING THE RATS, walks into a room and DISTURBS THE NEST
• then she gets nibbled ALIVE
• Luckily for her, she can roll (She succeeded her Death Save)
• Erixs and Shann rush to their friend's (??? idk if we can call them friends at this point) aid
• Shannaira uses sacred flame and in a sweet combo move Erixs finishes off the nasty buggers with a glorious swing of his sword (They loot a sword and some arrows from the dank basement)
• Like the prissy little girls they are, they rush back upstairs. They get lucky and stumble upon a supply treasure trove. THEY TAKE IT ALL LIKE THE GREEDY MOFOS THEY ARE. They come to a locked door and they all fail to open it. Don't quit your day job
• We go into another room and see a crazy looking thingamabob that has pink liquid that is apparently health potion stuff. Don't forget the magic alarm blaring! Then the zombies come to eat their brains. They're gonna be disappointed.
• : 1 point for pointy ears. 1 point for the demon wanna be. 0 points for the kitty cat. ALL ZOMBIES ARE DOWN. except one is shambling about somewhere. watch your back (Erixs and Shan one-shot a zombie each. Rekka found the antidote recipe, and Shan located the needed plant ingredients.)
• no one manages to break down the door. (They do in the end , though, after some trouble.)
• TREASURE CHEST IS TRAPPED! DANGER DANGER! MAYDAY
• The elf somehow managed to disarm a trap none of them have any idea what it was but that's ok BECAUSE TREEEEEASURE
• our shares: 700 copper each. 63 silver. 37 gold - 1/3 of a bronze key
• Ending with treasure YAY SHINIES and the alarm still going strong UGH DEAFNESS
Posted on: Jan 13 2018, 03:45 PM
I drew the group.
Posted on: Jan 14 2018, 06:54 PM
PART 2 Group consists of Erixs the Tabaxi Fighter (Silver), Rekka the Tiefling Sorcerer (Jade), and Shannaira the Elf Cleric (Jez). What follows is a walkthrough of their adventure from 830pm to 11:30 pm (Lohke time), as formulated by Jez (who probably missed a lot of important little deets)
Different format for y'all. No bullet points on this one.
The three adventurers refuse to leave the creepy booby-trapped not at all friendly temple until they have exhausted all their options, not wanting to leave thinking they have the antidote and all will be well if that might not be the case because at this point the idea of having to return to the cursed place does not seem like a fine idea at all. They move into an empty room, save for the dusty, brittle human female skeleton on the floor by the room's entrance that still has a spear through its rattling ribcage (I joked about taking the spear because well Skelly doesn't need it anymore but it's rusty so i didn't really want it).
OH OH! Pointy ears was able to discover the nature of the spear trap that killed Skelly and it comes in handy when they go to the next room because she's able to disarm it so they don't get impaled too. Because, lbh, our rolling skills are lacking and we probably would have all three been skewered.
Except then the next room they go into HAS A LURKING ZOMBIE! The fourth one from way before that the group didn't know the location of. Don't worry, they found out, and luckily took it out super quick. It was almost miraculous. Fluffy kitty chopped off an arm and Shannaira finished it with an arrow to the head. Beautiful teamwork there. Rekka didn't even get a chance, the poor firestarter.
They move to another room and find a sleeping beauty except he's not beautiful because he's an old man, but he is definitely sleeping. Likely for decades... centuries... it wasn't made clear but definitely a long time and he has a lot of dust on his person. Keep in mind, we're all obsessively rolling for investigation and perception to make sure we haven't missed anything because it is a flaw of the team that we miss A LOT of things. It's a miracle we've honestly made it this far. We do find out that the man is wearing the same white robes as the zombies the group encountered earlier but he is still human and also under the same magically induced sleep as the little boy that the group is attempting to save in the first place. Rekka and Erixs wonder if it was worth it. Shannaira is adamant about saving the boy, no questions asked, but does begin to question a few things. We can blame her superiority complex. She never would have been able to navigate the temple without the other two.
They decide to let sleeping dogs lie and continue to explore... WITH THE ALARM STILL BLARING!!!! ;o;
The trio decides to go up the stairs and end up triggering a spike trap. Rekka does, that is. *eye twitches* I fail in my saving throw and Shann gets speared. At this point her hit points are dangerously low because she doesn't have many to begin with and she already lost some by getting damage by that pit trap. The group is a little worse for wear, but hanging in there. The other two had better reflexes (cough rolls cough) than the elf and don't get injured by the trap. The ascend to the attic and it's a little gross up there. Super dirty. They really ought to look into getting a housekeeper. They do find some old vials, most broken, but not all. They take those and learn that they have residue of the poison that put the boy into the magic coma but the poison is no longer dangerous.
They move on to the next room... AND RIGHT INTO THE BOSS FIGHT! IT'S MAYHEM IT'S CHAOS IT'S BLOOD AND GUTS AND OMG EVERYONE GONNA DIE!!!!
So there's this altar right. And there are some bodies laying on the ground around it. Four to be exact. There is this man-form with golden robes billowing all sinister-like standing at the altar. No, this isn't a wedding. Not that kind of boss fight. AND SUDDENLY A FLASH OF LIGHT (MAGIC YKNOW) COMES FROM THE ALTAR AND THE DEAD BEGIN TO RIIIIIIIIISE! This is not a drill people. Suddenly we are in a fight with 4 zombies and an undead sorcerer dude that tries to control Shannaira's mind at one point but she's impervious to such things so PSYCH!
Luckily, Loh rolled atrociously for the most part and the enemies mostly missed. Which was beneficial for us to, you know, stay alive. In the end, we killed them all. Spare the Dying was used a couple times by the elf. It was real touch and go. Seriously. Loh had to decrease the number of zombies present from 7 to 5 because she did not want to kill us all off on our first campaign. There are runes on the walls that we can't read because they are in the celestial language and none of the brave (foolhardy) adventurers know that language.
The trio go back down the stairs AND TRIGGER THE SPIKE TRAP AGAIN CURSE IT ALL AND I ROLLED AWFUL AGAIN AND I DIED! But so did Silv so Erixs went down too. It was up to Rekka to drag us down the stairs to a safer space and stablize us. She uses one of Shannaira's health potions to revive her and then Shan revives Erixs. They then rest in the room of the sleeping beauty in order to gain their HP back and use of their spells because who knows what else they could meet and they have like no potions left.
Long story short, they wake sleeping beauty up to learn that he is one of the Heralds of the New Morning, worshipers of Lethander, God of Birth and some other stuff I don't remember. He was put to sleep with his fellow heralds centuries ago in order to awaken on the day their god or whatever shows up. We woke him up a few years early. He's sad and lonely and so he comes along with us. The adventurers return to the farm house and save the child. They are rewarded with gruel for a meal and a place to rest.
The next day, they leave, heading east in the direction of the nearest city.
Posted on: Feb 3 2018, 02:29 AM