Admin
YEARS
Evil Overlord
Single
Sarcasm...it's how I hug.
played by Timeless

Posted on: Oct 9 2015, 10:58 PM
the treat
Friends, Romans, EMPIANS, lend me your ears.

Halloween is here, my dears, and it's time for the pumpkins to be put out, carved up, and set on fire (if you're Sierra Novak). All over Highcrest, houses are being decorated with the scary spooks. Prepare yourselves.

This year, the festivities are being celebrated on Silas Academy's campus by a school dance on Saturday night, October 31. Costumes are encouraged but not required (but really guys, get in the spirit). The gym is set up for the event, but the courtyard has also been decorated in case anyone wants to go for a moonlit stroll. Chaperones will be present.

What about Highcrest residents, you say? You're in luck, kids. A small group of people have put together a haunted house set up in the south side of Highcrest's mall. The stores on that wing have been shut down for the night of Halloween.

The Rules:

1. All Halloween related threads should be posted in one of the two sub-boards depending on where the thread is located.

2. Any Haunted House thread should be tagged HH. Any other Highcrest thread needs to be tagged with its location in Highcrest.

3. Admins reserve the right to enter threads with events UNLESS you specifically tag the thread NE (no events).

4. Updates to the Halloween event that affect all threads will be posted here. Be on the lookout. If an event is posted that you don't understand, feel free to talk to the admins.

5. It begins now. (otherwise we'll be doing this past christmas)

Stay tuned for the trick.
PMEmail
^
Admin
YEARS
Evil Overlord
Single
Sarcasm...it's how I hug.
played by Timeless

Posted on: Oct 28 2015, 04:59 PM
the trick
Gather round the campfire, my lovelies, and let me tell you a story about a man who never considered himself a man at all. Let me tell you about a man who had a name once but became so many people he only calls himself Beowulf now.

Better yet, let's meet him.

---

When he'd heard the stories, he had come to construct a sprawling city in his mind, one fit for the war taking place in its streets. Buildings towered, casting long shadows that crawled free of their two-dimensional prisons at his touch. They writhed on the ground, pulled themselves from pavement, and launched into the world with gaping smiles. Children skittered away, screaming with delight because it was the Wulf's favorite night. Halloween. No one questioned the bizarre on All Hallow's Eve, and he allowed himself total control.

He was a god in the city of men, but what a disappointing city it was. Small, insignificant by the standard of what he had built for himself in his wild imagination. A VCR shop, a coffee place, a high school. Tired, old, and waiting for him to give it new life. Everyone was, and he never disappointed.

He ran a hand down along the walls of the buildings. The brick and mortar curved beneath his fingertips, begging to pull him in like they would anyone who walked by the stone he touched until he undid his power. He would eventually, but people would die first. They would live for an exciting few more hours though with adventure like the movies or an epic poem.

The sky turned dark as the sun fell across Highcrest into the horizon. His wild shadows cackled in the cover of night, eyes bright in the unnatural depth of black courtesy of the Wulf's gift. But he chose this city for a reason. Standing on the corner of the city block separating Highcrest in its dividing line of the haves and have-nots, he breathed in the bitter sweet taste of power in the air, the acrid burn in his nostrils sending a delighted shiver up his back.

Oh, he had heard. The little men called themselves the voice of the gifted. The Vox Evolutis. His laughter rang with the shadows. They gathered around him, dogs to their master. And the Mortali Revolutis—well-meaning but fighting a losing battle. They were only slightly better than the humans, and Wulf had a game for them all.

He shrouded his face in darkness, but his eyes shone in the chilled air.

The rules are very simple.

Every mutant will suddenly lose their powers, trading them for the ability of a different mutant nearby. Enjoy the chaos.

And Happy Halloween.

---

The power switch is temporary. All powers will revert to normal at one the following morning (midnight would be too obvious).

Questions? Ask the admins.
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

Admin - Mod - Member - Guest