Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

Only A Towel, Tag: Aaron/Jade
Student
YEARS
Phasing
Single
"Excuse me, I have to go make a scene."
played by Jezzypants

Posted on: Jun 4 2016, 10:35 PM
let me disarm you

Upset. Frustrated. Annoyed. Scared.

Negative emotions had taken up residence in Ryker's chest, making her heart ache. Her genius cousin and tactically minded brute of a twin brother and herself had yet to make any progress on the changing the future front. Last night she'd barely been able to sleep due to the nightmares. Nightmares of the day her dad had been executed in front of them. Nightmares of her mother basically dead to the world, her psyche lost to the astral plane. She'd come back in time to change that future... to keep her family together. To keep her parents from ever dying. If she ceased to exist, what did it matter anyway? She'd never remember, so it would be like everything was right in the world. As flippant and carefree as she seemed, as much as she loved the challenge of fighting and screwing over her enemies, deep down Ryker craved for a normal life where she could be a normal girl going to normal parties and doing normal teenager stuff. She wanted Auntie H to help her get into trouble so that her dad could freak out and her mom could laugh herself silly.

Most importantly, she wanted her parents back.

Due to the lack of progress, a change in their plans obviously had to be made, so it was decided that Ryker would attend Silas Academy for reals. Knowing that the headmistress was a lie detector, Ryker hadn't bothered to lie. She actually enjoyed being able to tell the truth and have someone have to believe her, especially an older adult... and especially the woman she'd heard tons of story about from her family. That had been an interesting interview, for sure, but ultimately the result was Ryker becoming a student. She was just glad Lillian hadn't asked anything too specific. She figured telling the headmistress she'd robbed a bank with her twin brother and cousin was probably not a good idea.

To assimilate better and faster, she'd moved into the dorms, leaving her brother and cousin. The last week had been her first one away from them since coming back in time. That was likely the main force behind her nightmares. Ryker didn't have a lot of fears, but losing her family and loved ones was one of them. It would never stop her from making them and doing her best to keep them, but she wanted to hold on tight to them. But she also had a job to do, and moping about wasn't doing anybody any good. If she wanted to help her family, she had to be proactive.

And what better way to be proactive than to phase in and out of people's dorms. She'd probably get into trouble and end up in the headmistress' office again, but who knows what conversations she could strike and what information she might learn. Maybe she'd accidentally run into someone she knew in the future. See? Excitement!

So it was that Ryker phased into one dorm in particular to see a young man wrapped with only a towel moving about his living room. Instead of leaving like she should have--okay what she really should have done was knock but where was the fun in that?--Ryker admired the view and then gave an enthusiastic golf clap. "Do you work out? You must work out."

^
Student
YEARS
Invisibility
Dating
I'm not fine at all. No I'm really not fine at all. Tell me this is just a dream. Cause I'm really not fine at all.
played by Jade

Posted on: Jun 5 2016, 02:03 AM
tag: Jez | words: who knows. | Notes: Yay threadage!
Aaron had been a student at Silas for like 2.5 seconds. He hadn't been in the dorm very long. Actually most of his stuff wasn't even unpacked. He'd been to busy out and about to really have time to do any of that work. Not that he liked doing anything that resembled work any ways. Well he supposed if he lived out of his suitcases long enough things would eventually put themselves away.

He'd been out with Eden for most of his waking hours. He'd been trying harder to make his cousin happy. Her roommate seemed like a jerk. And the last thing she needed right now was her cousin to be a jerk too. So he'd been the nice guy and went and hung out with her doing what she wanted and then after that he'd gone and skated a little bit. Then he felt like he needed a shower so he'd done that. And forgot to get a change of clothes. Which brings him to now. What had he done with the other bag that had clothes in it.

He'd been in the middle of looking for it when he heard a voice which clearly had startled him. Not bad enough to trigger his power like the last time he'd been caught off guard. He had a roommate and Eden knew she could come over any time so he always kind of expected voices but when he'd looked up the person he was starting at wasn't anyone he knew.

"Ah ... I think you're in the wrong dorm mate."There was a slight accent to his words. This was awkward. Here he was in a towel and she was .. well in his room and so not .. not anyone who he knew of felt comfortable around. There had been a time when Aaron might have taken this opportunity to flirt with her. But after dating Thea he had changed a little bit. One hand moved to make sure the towel stayed where it was covering what needed covered.

PM
^
Student
YEARS
Phasing
Single
played by Jezzypants

Posted on: Jun 16 2016, 09:52 PM
let me disarm you

The boy--funny that she would think of him as a boy since he was likely her own age and likely older if only by a year or two--didn't have those kind of muscles that one typically associated with someone who 'worked out' but he wasn't cadaverous, either. Or fat, obviously. He had a lean kind of muscle. Not super defined, but clearly there. She found muscular men extremely attractive--few women didn't--but her own personal attraction radar really went haywire with guys who had similar body types to the guy in the towel.

"Oh, I know," Ryker responded plainly, as if stating the obvious. "I would say I came at a bad time, but not for me." The heavily tattooed girl smiled at him, eye glittering with her natural mischievous personality. "I like to get to know people. Get a feel for my surroundings. That kind of thing," she continued in way of explanation. "I'm Ryker. I'm a new student." She didn't act at all disturbed that he was only in his towel nor did she show any sign that she felt chagrined for invading his privacy... or that she planned on leaving any time soon.

^
Student
YEARS
Invisibility
Dating
I'm not fine at all. No I'm really not fine at all. Tell me this is just a dream. Cause I'm really not fine at all.
played by Jade

Posted on: Jun 20 2016, 05:42 PM
tag: Ryker | words: Never enough. | Notes: I ramble as well
Aaron couldn't help but just stand there staring at the girl probably with his mouth open at least a little bit. A school full of people with powers. He should have figured not even doors or walls could keep everyone out. If only he knew how to turn his power on and off. He could just turn himself invisible and not have to worry about being almost completely naked in front of this girl. The one and only time his power had come on he'd been taken off guard and scared for a minute. But he supposed this surprise of hers didn't trigger that same feeling in him or he would have just disappeared.

Alright, so she knew she was going around surprising people in the wrong dorm. Her next words made him smile some. Yeah ok so he wasn't bad to look at. He knew he was good looking, it just wasn't something he focused on most of the time. Growing up in Australia had also given him a cute accent to go with his good looks.

"I'm pretty sure there's a common room for getting to know people. But I suppose if you have to room jump you could have found someone way worse to look at." He went back to looking for the bad he'd been looking for when she surprised him. His hand making sure the towel stayed covering him. "Aaron. I'm rather new here myself. Haven't even unpacked yet" Maybe Ryker would be his first friend here besides his roommate that he didn't already know upon arriving.

PM
^
Student
YEARS
Phasing
Single
played by Jezzypants

Posted on: Aug 9 2016, 05:34 PM
let me disarm you

Ryker smiled wryly at him. She loved it when people were confident without being arrogant. It was sexy when they were confident in their own looks and skills. Confidence and arrogance were separated by a fine line, but having interacted with all kinds of people in her life, Ry liked to think she could spot the crossing of that line easily. She nodded in agreement. Definitely worse people she could look at. She would know. She'd already seen some. It was crazy how many good looking people were at this school and in Highcrest in general, but there was a fair share of less-than-beautiful people as well. Then again, beauty was in the eye of the beholder, so it could just be her own opinion.

"The common room is boring... and people tend to be so... common... there." She leaned forward, resting her arms over the back of the couch, continuing to stare at him shamelessly. His accent was super hot. She tucked hair behind an ear, the light reflecting off her rings in a brief flash with the movement. She introduced himself and was pleased when he returned the gesture.

"Aaron, it's a pleasure to meet you. A real pleasure." She gave him a once-over again. Quite obviously. Resting her chin in the groove of her hands, elbows now propped up on the back of the couch, she tilted her head and asked, "So, what's your power?"

^
Student
YEARS
Invisibility
Dating
played by Jade

Posted on: Aug 22 2016, 10:29 PM
tag: Ryker | words: Who Knows | notes: Hope it's good.
Aaron hadn't ever really thought that the common room was boring but her take on it did make him laugh a little. Now that the intorductions were out of the way he supposed they could get right on to being friends. If that's what she was looking for that was. Aaron had never really been picky about the people he made friends with as long as they were fun to hang around with. And really she didn't seem like she'd be boring. He might be boring compared to her.

When she said it was a real pleasure meeting him he had caught a glimpse of her looking him over again. Yeah he really needed to put some clothes on. Finally finding the bag he was looking for, he looked through it grabbing the clothes he wanted out of it when her question came. "Invisibility I guess. He looked up at her. "Excuse me for a moment." As happy as he was sure she'd be if he either A. never dressed or B. got dressed in front of her he was going to pull his clothes on in the bathroom. So he disappeared into the room and closed the door.

It had only taken him a minute to pull on his clothes and fix his hair messily. Then he was coming back into the living space he and his roommate shared. "I mean .. it's only happened once. I don't know how to turn it on and off and I can never tell when it's working." He would have never known had it not happened in front of Eden. That had been an awkwardly weird conversation. But maybe being a mutant was something that ran in their family.

PM
^
Student
YEARS
Phasing
Single
played by Jezzypants

Posted on: Sep 4 2016, 11:11 PM
let me disarm you

Ryker made an O shape with her mouth. "Niiiiiiiiiiice," she complimented with a grin. Granted, it wasn't as cool as her own power. In her opinion, there weren't many powers that she felt were better than phasing. Literally nothing could hold or stop her, unless you were a power negator or she was back in the future and she was victim to Vox negating technology. That was neither here nor there, though. "Go right ahead," she beckoned him to continue, and then was immediately disappointed when he disappeared into his bedroom. Not literally. He didn't show off his invisibility power, which was such a shame. She loved seeing powers in action.

Luckily, he did not take long before he was returning dressed. She also liked his taste in clothes. She bit her bottom lip, appreciating the view. "That's a shame. You should work on that, which is why I guess you're here, huh. I could help you. You wouldn't be the first person I've helped to learn how to control their powers. Everyone is different and every power is different, but I really think that the essence of controlling your power is the same no matter who you are or what your power is. We're all homeo sapiens, after all." And, yes. Ryker did actually think that was the correct way to say homo sapiens.

"You just need to wax on and wax off." The Karate Kid had always been one of her favorite old time movies, and oftentimes when Ryker made movie/book references, she always assumed people knew exactly what reference she was making.

^
Student
YEARS
Invisibility
Dating
played by Jade

Posted on: Sep 10 2016, 10:02 PM
tag: Ryker | words: lots | notes: she's making him nervous with that staring.
Aaron hadn't dressed in anything special. Just a band tee and a pair of jeans. Something he was sure was more suitable for entertaining company than a towel. Of course if he asked for her opinion she'd probably tell him she preferred the towel. But he wasn't going to ask. He was guessing though by the way she was still pretty much undressing him, that it didn't really matter that he'd put clothes on. Well this was awkward. And when things got awkward he started chewing on his lip ring. Which he was currently doing right now.

"You know how to turn powers on and off?" As if it were really that easy. Someone else had triggered the power inside of him. He wasn't sure he ever really knew if he could turn it back on. And lets say he did and entertained this idea for a moment, turning it back off was harder than turning it on. And he didn't want to be invisible for ever. People stepped on your feet and sat on you.

Aaron had seen the karate kid like once a long time ago. Most of the time when he and Eden hung out it was food and video games or food and movies. That day had been the three karate kid movies. He cherished all those times with Eden. She didn't know it then but those had been safe havens for him. But even though he'd seen the movie, he didn't much understand how the reference of wax on and wax off fit here. "I don't really get how that applies."

PM
^
Student
YEARS
Phasing
Single
played by Jezzypants

Posted on: Oct 7 2016, 02:24 AM
let me disarm you

"Whoa now, rein it in. Let's not get carried away. I never sad that." Then she proceeded to quote the Karate Kid. Ryker rolled her eyes at his confusion. "Zen out, dude." Dude had always been one of her more favorite old time sayings. Made even better by the fact that it had always annoyed her dad. She wished more than anything that he was around to be annoyed by it. "That's what it has to do with it. You need some more zen in your life. You own the power, not the other way around. You can't be scared of it, worried by it... you gotta accept it for what it is: A part of you. Really, that's the half the battle." That's what Auntie H had told her anyway, and it had meant a lot coming from her because Hannah Zimmerman hadn't always been savvy with her own mutant ability.

Ryker suddenly pranced away into the kitchen part of the front room. "Do you have anything to eat? I'm starving, and there's nothing remotely decent in the fridge at my place. And my roomie sucks. Wanna know the first thing she said to me when we met?" Ry adopted an annoying falsetto, "You should really cover up your tattoos. They're an eyesore." She made a face and turned back toward the fridge. "Best friends in the making already."

Ry opened the fridge and immediately looked crestfallen. "Looks like an even worse wasteland in here than it did in mine." Darn and double darn. She really was starving. As evidenced by the unwanted stomach growl.

^
Student
YEARS
Invisibility
Dating
played by Jade

Posted on: Oct 26 2016, 07:03 PM
tag:Ryker | words:Who knows | notes: Sorry it took me so long.
Aaron wasn't really sure where this girls head was at. She either knew the secret to turning a power off and on or she didn't. How could she help him if she didn't know how herself? And for being invaded by a stranger in the middle of his dorm, he thought he was pretty zen. Being in a school full of ... whatever the hell they were wasn't exactly normal, so all things considered he was as zen as he'd probably ever be. He had certainly been less zen before he found out about all of this so he thought he was doing really well.

"Hold on there .. dude" He put some emphasis on the dude. "I'm not scared of it. Why would I be? It's not like it's a life changer or anything." It wasn't like he could be destructive with it. Or cause harm or it cause him harm. Hell he couldn't even tell when it was working. There was no reason to be scared or worried. Eden thought it was cool. Even useful. Though it was only useful if he could ever get it to turn back on.

His eyes followed her as she moved to the kitchen part of his dorm room. Yeah she wasn't about to find anything in there. "Ah no .. usually I get food from the cafeteria with my cousin." He had to admit her roomie sounded pretty .... well there weren't any nice words for it. At least not in his vocabulary. "She sounds like a real winner." He was sure his sarcasm was noticable. And even though he didn't have any tattoos he thought hers were cool. Even if there was a lot. But it was her body, so she could do what she wanted with it. "If you're hungry I can go to the cafeteria with you" Short of that offer he wasn't sure how else to fix her current problem.

PM
^
Student
YEARS
Phasing
Single
played by Jezzypants

Posted on: Feb 25 2017, 02:37 PM
let me disarm you

Ryker snorted. "Oh, yeah. Not worried by it at all," she began sarcastically. "You only turn invisible, probably at the worst possible time. Can't turn it off when you want. You wouldn't ever think that you could be stuck that way or anything. Yep. No fear or worry to be had there. Completely harmless." Her agreement with his denial was obviously a ploy to communicate exactly how and why he would be scared and worried. For someone who could phase through objects and had the ever-looming fear that if her body were to phase back in and she was currently through something, it could damage or kill her. While she was conscious, she had nothing to worry about. She had great control over her power. It was when she was sleeping or otherwise unconscious that it could happen... and then when she woke up...

Point being that she understood every power had something to fear or worry about when it came to their power.

Figuring that they could return to the power debate, she jumped to the topic of hunger, which quickly turned into one of distress. He had nothing to eat! Dang it. The cafeteria? Ryker was currently out of dinero. She grimaced. Stealing from his fridge was one thing, but the cafeteria was far more public. She could still do it, and she was up for the challenge always, but it bummed her.

"Yeah, win, win, win. That's all she knows how to do." Ryker tended to get along with most everyone, at least from a personal perspective although plenty of people didn't get along with her. Too bad, really. She was awesome.

Her mouth drew up in a Cheshire smile and she danced over to him, linking her arm through his. "You will? How absolutely gentlemanly of you. Lead the way."

^
Student
YEARS
Invisibility
Dating
played by Jade

Posted on: Jun 7 2017, 02:31 AM
Aaron narrowed his eyes some at her when she started speaking about all the things that could go wrong with not knowing what to do with his power. But he supposed that's why he was here at the school right? They were supposed to teach you how to avoid all that stuff she was saying. Still he didn't see invisibility as all that dangerous .. to him or anyone else. Eden thought it was cool though, she wanted him to mess around with Jace. Though he wasn't sure he could get away with doing that. Even invisible.

He'd decided not to say anything about the whole power deal for the moment. He could however fix her food problem. And listen to her complain about her roommate. Those were the kinds of things he was good at. Though if you asked him to actually cook a meal .. it'd be best if there was hot sauce on hand. That's what his cousin's always did when Aaron's food always came out horribly.

He watched her link her arm with his. "Yeah .. That's what I am .. gentlemanly." He could count on one hand once that someone had used that word to describe him. "Tell you what .. I'll make a deal with you. I'll buy your food if you give me some pointers on this power thing. You seem to have a good grasp on yours" He thought it a good deal really. She gets free food and he learns maybe how to turn his power on and off. "Deal?" He started to move the cafeteria's way with her.

PM
^
Student
YEARS
Phasing
Single
played by Jezzypants

Posted on: Jun 13 2017, 08:30 PM
let me disarm you

Ryker's pretty face split into a grin. "I can teach you all kinds of things if you keep me fed," she promised, her tone suggesting the possibility that she wasn't only talking about his power. She had no idea he was already spoken for by a girlfriend, but neither had he made that clear to her, which meant she had permission thus far to flirt with him as boldly as she wanted. Her father had always said she was a mini-Rhia, taking after her mom when she'd been in her youth... and sometimes showcased still in adulthood. It hurt her to think of a father beheaded in front of them and a mother who would likely never wake again from the coma. In a way, Ry was angry at her parents for abandoning their children and putting all the responsibility on Auntie H. But then Ryker had taken all the responsibility away when she'd forced her twin brother and cousin, Aunt Hannah's own son, to accompany her to a likely pointless trip into the past before the Vox had taken over.

Keeping her arm linked through his, the vibrant colors of the the tattoos covering nearly every inch of her garnered attention as they moved out of the dorm, across the grounds, and to the cafeteria. While they traversed the distance between his room and the cafeteria, Ryker continued conversation. "Tell me all about 2017. Good bands. What do all the kids say? Fun things to do." She needed to learn more about this year, after all, and the internet was all well and good but oftentimes you couldn't trust it to be accurate.

^
Student
YEARS
Invisibility
Dating
played by Jade

Posted on: Jun 15 2017, 02:57 AM
Aaron looked over to her some when she said she'd teach him all sorts of things if he kept her fed. He was trying not to read into it. He was going with she meant only that of learning to control his power. "If you don't mind putting hot sauce on your food I'll cook anytime you want." Sometimes his food wasn't really editable. If she required something good then they would have to go to the cafeteria and he'd be spending his paychecks from Tristan feeding her. But if he could learn something from her .. it was worth it .. right?

He continued to walk with her. He didn't much care if people stared at him. He had made it this far in life not caring about most things. A lot of times caring only got you hurt feelings. Best to not care, get high, and spend your day doing what you liked .. because life was to short to stay unhappy.

When her next sentence came he frowned some. Tell her about 2017? She .. did live in it .. didn't she? "What do you mean tell you about 2017? You're in it .. shouldn't you know those things already?" he was new to this whole power thing. "Can you phase through years too?" Could that mean that she wasn't really there next to him. That she was some mutant from another year messing with him? His pace slowed some so he could look at her better. The hand of the arm that she didn't have a hold of moving to press on her shoulder to prove to himself that she really was there .. even though he could clearly feel she had a hold of his arm.

PM
^
Student
YEARS
Phasing
Single
played by Jezzypants

Posted on: Jun 29 2017, 01:08 AM
let me disarm you

"Not at all," she reassured him. Spicy food was a must-have in her house. Or, at least, it had been. Ryker clung to the few things she had left of the happy family she'd once been blessed with, and her love of spicy food was one of those things.

The teenager instantly backpedaled when Aaron questioned the wording of her own question. What kids in any age were so shrewd?! "Well, naturally," she attempted to mend the damage she'd unwittingly done. As a spy of sorts in her present, the tattooed woman was accustomed to thinking on the fly and spinning webs of lies to meet her needs, whether they were forced needs or not.

His final question resulted in her blinking in shock at him, her step faltering and she came to a halt, arm loosening its loop through his before she realized it. She couldn't determine whether he was pulling her leg, trying to be funny, or if he truly meant the inquiry. If it was the latter, again she found herself balking at his shrewdness. She imagined even among a people with powers in an environment that fostered the cultivation of those powers that the subject of time travel being a real possibility to be unorthodox and certainly unbelievable.

Ryker met his eyes with a flat, serious expression. "You found me out. I'm actually from the future. It's like the sentinel take over all over again." Except it was the Vox instead of comic book sentinels. She desperately missed her family. She missed the rare occasions Uncle Dom and Aunt Zoe visited, both sharing their love for the comic book classics, banned by the Vox government.

Then she laughed as if it was all a joke. "C'mon. Time travel? No way." But her heart ached to tell someone the truth. However, her brother's and cousin's voice of reason echoed through her thoughts. Just like in their present, they didn't know who they could trust, and even more so now in a time period where they were guests going through the motions.

^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply

Admin - Mod - Member - Guest