Pages: (7) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

OTP
Resident
YEARS
Water manipulation
Dating
You can't cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water.
played by lohke

Posted on: Jan 28 2018, 03:37 AM
He appreciated the dogs unbelievably much, Skylar decided as he was laying on the floor, play-fighting with Preston while Biscuit just kinda stood to the side and looked at them with a tilted head. He should have gotten a dog a long time ago probably, because just like with Sunny they made it easier to smile, and let's be honest, he kinda needed more of that in his life. As a bonus, while Sunny was still at the top of the list, the dogs didn't bring a crushing anxiety over the thought that they'd might leave. Again.

With Skylar slightly distracted by his own thoughts, Preston saw an opening, and he jumped up and licked Skylar in the face, resulting in a sputtering reaction as the puppy was pushed back. "Delightful, thanks," Skylar retorted sarcastically as he wiped his face with a sleeve, but a hint of a smile seemed to prove that the distraction had worked.

He got up from the floor and looked at the watch on the wall. Sunny should probably be on her way to work by now. She'd wanted him to drop by, it had been her idea. Skylar had to remind himself that for a moment, not wanting to feel like he'd intrude too much on her.

Looking down at the puppy that had decided to attack the bottom of his jeans, Skylar decided that he should probably shower first, rather than go out covered in puppy saliva. "You're gonna end up ruining my pants," he commented before using his foot to carefully push the dog away.

He took his time getting ready, not wanting to arrive to early and seem too eager; he'd always wanted Sunny to be around because she wanted to, not because she'd feel pressured to. It made it a bit difficult, these days, since part of him felt like she was only around because she felt sorry for him; he knew that he was pathetic, and Sunny did come with a bleeding heart. She was too kind to say no, really, so... that left him with a nagging thought that she was doing this for him, rather than because it was what she'd want.

Biscuit looked at him for a second before laying her head back down to sleep, after he'd asked if they wanted to go for a walk, so he bent over and petted her softly with a smile, before putting a leash on Preston and picking him up to carry him down the stairs. He really needed a place with less stairs.

It was a decent walk to the comic store, and Preston loved the chance of getting further away from what he'd seen so far, sniffing around like his life depended on it.

When they arrived, Skylar hooked the leash to a spot outside the store and ruffled Preston for a moment, "I'll be right in here, okay? Probably won't be long, but try to behave yourself."

He took a deep breath as he entered the store, looking around. The guy behind the disk looked up briefly from the computer, greeting him with a brief "hi," eyes lingering at the Wonder Woman motif on Skylar's shirt, before focusing back on what he'd been doing on the computer.

He didn't see Sunny, but it seemed weird to just leave right away, so Skylar started walking around, looking at the comics. He did need a few, as he hadn't been totally devoted to keeping up to date with the series that he'd been collecting before he forgot everything... He should probably read some more of those.

He glanced up at the sound of a door opening, and unable to stop it, a bright smile spread on his face when Sunny appeared.

I'm a little unsteady

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Student
YEARS
Teleportation
Dating
all we do is think about the feelings that we hide
played by Timeless

Posted on: Jan 28 2018, 11:52 AM

So stay with me
For just a minute more
The first hour of Sunny’s shift at Hidden Dungeon Comics was spent in the back stockroom, feeling like the store’s name had to be more accurate than anyone realized. They had just gotten a shipment of new comics in the day before, and since nobody else wanted to log the new stock into the system and then put it out on the shelf, Sunny was doing her best to get it done as quickly as possible.

Fans of comics tended to know the exact day an issue was supposed to release, or at least the ones who shopped here did. She’d already fielded a call or two, and—this was so dull; she knew it, she did, but there wasn’t much Sunny could do but muddle through and hope she was done enough to go out onto the floor in time to see Sky. He was probably still coming.

She checked her phone, looking for a text that maybe he was here. Nothing. Again. Not to seem impatient, but… Sunny shook her head and shoved the phone back into her pocket, knowing the impatience was just because she really wanted to see him, and it didn’t help that the task she’d been given at work was sucking the life out of her. At least working in the stock room meant she got to flip through the new releases before everyone else. Some came in a plastic sleeve she couldn’t open, but a few didn’t. Either way, this needed to all be done by the time they had their event in a few weeks and…those flyers needed to be put up. Sometimes Sunny got suspicious about what the other employees even did with their time.

Pushing to her feet, she grabbed a stack of the flyers, staring down at the cheesy design on the front for the cosplay competition. It was scheduled pretty near Valentine’s Day, too, so her bet was it was a mixer thing, a way for the nerds to meet each other (hey, she was a nerd too; no shame—although she definitely didn’t need to meet anyone when…)

Sunny’s thoughts derailed when she walked out of the back room and glanced up from the flyer, her eyes connecting with… “Sky!” He looked so good. Being as handsome as him shouldn't even be possible. Sunny was across the store before she completely realized what she was doing, half-tackling Sky in a hug. There was almost no one else in the store right now except—

Neil cleared his throat, standing at the front desk and looking vaguely uncomfortable. “I don’t mean to criticize your customer service strategy—I like the enthusiasm, I do—but, I mean, what if everybody starts wanting hugs?”

Sunny couldn’t help but snort and roll her eyes, and then look apologetic the second after. “Sorry, um, this is my boyfriend, Sky…lar. Skylar Douglas.” She still had her arms wrapped around Sky in a hug until she realized how weird that probably was and blushed faintly while letting go of him. With how easily embarrassed she was, Sunny was just proud she’d actually managed to hug him, even if there were only a couple other people in the store right now. Not that it was a conscious decision, really. She’d just seen him and really wanted to hug him and never stopped to think.

“Damnit, I owe Jeremy ten dollars,” Neil muttered, going back to typing on the computer.

Sunny’s eyebrows pinched together. “What?”

“Nothing. Small bet.”

A bet? They had a bet? She gave Sky a confused glance, but Neil was always a little off. Sunny had learned to take everything he said and…mostly ignore it, if she was being honest.

“Oh, this is the assistant manager, Neil,” Sunny said as an afterthought, looking up at Sky with her smile returned, holding the flyers against her chest with her arms crossed. “He’s…nice.”

“Are you at least bi? Maybe I can pay him five dollars.” Neil interrupted.

“Why would…what…” Sunny’s eyebrow twitched a little as heat crept up her neck. Instead of really answering, she sighed and hugged the flyers closer to her chest before exhaling, the strand of hair always in front of her face fluttering. After a breath, she muttered to Sky, “I swear he’s harmless. He’s just more awkward with people than I am, which is…kind of impressive in a weird way.” Her smile crept back over her lips.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Resident
YEARS
Water manipulation
Dating
played by lohke

Posted on: Jan 28 2018, 12:56 PM
Sunny knocked him breathless, and it wasn't because of the sudden hug, since he did have a few steps to prepare for that, but rather because of the amount of happiness that had suddenly seemed to radiate from her when she saw him; it seemed so sincere and pure that it felt like he fell in love with her all over again, but deeper and harder.

He wrapped his arms around her, returning the hug, until the sound of someone clearing their throat made Skylar look in the direction of the guy behind the disk, who was looking at them with a slightly confused expression.

Oh, right, if the guy didn't know, then it made sense that it would seem a bit surprising for Sunny to practically tackle a customer; he personally couldn't care less though, as Sunny had just made his entire day with her reaction to seeing him.

Sunny loosened her hold, and noticing the brush in her cheeks, Skylar held her a bit tighter for a second before letting go as well.

His attention was still focused on Sunny, and a soft smile was fixed on his lips, until it shrank in confusion and he returned Sunny's confused look with a shrug. What kind of bet?

Well, with Sunny smiling up at him, Skylar decided that it didn't matter, and he returned the expression when she introduced Neil as the assistant manager; he honestly didn't care much about her colleague, but her smile was infectious.

"Are you at least bi? Maybe I can pay him five dollars." Okay, well, that caught his attention, and Skylar's brows furrowed slightly when he looked back at Neil, with a suddenly clear feeling about what the bet had been about, and he wasn't sure how to feel about it.

He glanced at Sunny when she called the guy harmless, and kinda wondered how she'd react if she knew that he'd seemed to think that she was a lesbian.

Looking at her, he noticed the papers that she held in her hand, and curiosity got the best of him dues to the pink pattern which was quite eye-catching in a slightly obnoxious way, and he slowly took one of them from the bunch; "what's this?"

He read the flyer and bit his lip for a second, before looking back to Sunny with a slight smirk. "This is... are you gonna participate in this?" No, what? He totally wasn't picturing her wearing the Wonder Woman outfit again. Nope. Though, he's totally be here if she did end up doing so.

"It's mandatory for employees, to encourage the customers, and Sunny happens to have shifts that weekend."

There was something in Neil's voice that made Skylar think that it wasn't a coincidence that she had a shift that day, and suddenly he wasn't entirely certain that is was such a good idea for her to wear a tight-fitting leather outfit to work.

I'm a little unsteady

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Student
YEARS
Teleportation
Dating
played by Timeless

Posted on: Jan 28 2018, 01:24 PM

So stay with me
For just a minute more
Sunny loosened her hold on the flyers when Sky tugged at one. While he stared at it, Sunny may have spent that time staring at him. Maybe. Possibly. It really would be rude to not look at the person she was talking to, so this was actually about being socially conscious and…yeah, she wasn’t kidding anyone; she just really liked looking at Sky. And they were dating still, so it wasn’t like anyone could fault her for it, she hoped.

“Um, an event…” she answered slowly, not sure how to take the small smirk that quirked the corner of Sky’s mouth. Had she done something? Said something? Normally if he smirked she had at least a vague idea of what he was smirking about, but honestly, nothing had happened. “The manager is hoping it’ll bring in new customers, really…get a community going or something.” It was a nice idea; Sunny just didn’t know if it’d work.

Sunny started to answer Sky’s next question when Neil jumped in and answered for her, making her glance back over at him. “Yeah, I originally didn’t but one of the guys called in sick.” Sunny smiled slightly; she liked being able to help someone out, so when Oscar had texted her about filling in for him, she’d said yes before realizing it was the same day as the event. “It’s a good excuse to cosplay, but I’m not sure what I want to do yet—“

“What about Wonder Woman?”

Normally Sunny was perfectly fine with people interjecting in her conversations, but Neil had a bad habit of interrupting her. When she looked at him, he looked down at the computer while adding with a casual shrug, “She’s on your boyfriend’s t-shirt. It’d probably be pretty simple to do, too. And since the movie, the Wonder Woman merchandise has been selling like crazy.”

“Um, that’s…” Sunny’s face turned redder, and she tugged at her hair to bring it slightly in front of her face while looking around them at the shelves of comics and assorted collectible items. “Maybe, maybe not Wonder Woman because I did that once and…”

“So you already have the costume?” Neil was suddenly actually looking at her.

How could she say, “yes, but I’d really rather only wear it around my boyfriend but currently I can’t because I know he likes it and we’re not having sex right now because I screwed up horribly and almost broke us up,” without it coming across weird?

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Resident
YEARS
Water manipulation
Dating
played by lohke

Posted on: Jan 28 2018, 02:17 PM
Okay, clearly this was making Sunny uncomfortable, and the second Neil actually suggested Wonder Woman, Skylar started looking around the store for alternatives, but finding a female cartoon comic that was dressed enough for Sunny's preferences was a good deal more difficult than it really should be.

Neil was kinda stomping all over Sunny's boundaries it seemed like, and Skylar was just about to suggest Kamala's Ms. Marvel, when he noticed a cover (x) that had a image of a woman on it, that looked a bit more like Sunny; Kamala was amazing, but Sunny was a bit on the pale side, so this one won out look-wise.

He wasn't familiar with the comic, but reached out for it to check it out. "Legend of Korra," he read out in a low voice, as he opened in it to take a look inside.

He didn't see much before Sunny snatched it from him, causing him to look at her in surprise; "what? I just thought that you could go for the girl on the cover, and wanted to have a peek." It hadn't said anything anywhere about him not being allowed to look at the comics, had it?

"No, I mean... the long-haired one?"

I'm a little unsteady

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Student
YEARS
Teleportation
Dating
played by Timeless

Posted on: Jan 28 2018, 02:31 PM

So stay with me
For just a minute more
Short answer is, she couldn’t.

“It’s in…temporary retirement,” Sunny finally mumbled about the Wonder Woman costume, running a hand back through her hair and trying to breathe through her embarrassment.

Her gaze went instantly back to Sky when he spoke and then dropped to the comic book in his hand. Oh, Legend of Korra. Yeah, wait… What? She blinked at him when he started to flip it open. “Hey, no spoilers,” Sunny complained, grabbing it from him before he could see anything that happened later in the storyline. She wasn’t sure if he’d seen the Avatar spin-off show since his memory loss, and there was no way she was letting him skip to the end.

At least it was all a nice distraction from her embarrassment. The blush was starting to fade when she raised both eyebrows and then furrowed them slightly while her lips parted. “Korra? But I don’t look anything like Korra, she’s…” jacked? Well, darker skin tone too and shorter hair, but mostly, Korra was just seriously buff. “I mean…” She made a face and then raised both arms in a joking flex before grinning. “You know.”

“Oh…” Sunny peered down at the cover of the comic book in her hand, the stack of flyers balanced a bit more precariously in her other arm. “You think I could be Asami?” From his “long-haired one” comment, he clearly hadn’t seen the show yet.

“She’s not as popular as Wonder Woman…”

Biting the inside of her cheek, Sunny paused for a second before saying—slightly buoyed in her confidence by the distraction of Sky— “That’s perfect then. I’ll be Asami.”

Her coworker made a slight noise like he planned to disagree but didn’t say anything else, and Sunny exhaled in relief before beaming at Sky. “I’m so glad you came. Maybe you can help me put together the Asami costume? Sometime?”

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Resident
YEARS
Water manipulation
Dating
played by lohke

Posted on: Jan 28 2018, 03:19 PM
Oh, so the long-haired girl was named Asami? He nodded; Sunny could go for her, if she so wished, and honestly, it seemed like it might be a lucky pick, because if Sunny was concerned about spoilers, there was a chance that it might be something that she thought that he should read at some point.

He smiled when Sunny exclaimed that she'd be Asami despite Neil's seemingly cursory opposing to the idea. He looked over Sunny's shoulder, leaning in slightly to study this girl, Asami a bit closer... Yeah, he could see Sunny wear that, and concerning that she willingly agreed to the idea, the character couldn't be all bad, right?

There wasn't much time until the event, but if they put some effort into it, then surely they could get it done in time. "Of course I'll help," he smiled at her, "if you'll be willing to tell me about her as we do so?"

He hadn't managed to see much as he had looked into the comic, but he had seen the two females on the cover share a kiss, and gotten the impression that it was a follow up, despite it saying "part one" on the cover. None of that mattered though, because Sunny wanted to spend more time with him, which was basically the best thing ever.

I'm a little unsteady

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Student
YEARS
Teleportation
Dating
played by Timeless

Posted on: Jan 28 2018, 03:31 PM

So stay with me
For just a minute more
Sunny turned her head when Sky leaned in over her shoulder, smiling and tempted to kiss his cheek since he was already low enough for her to do so easily. But she stopped herself, mostly because she could feel Neil watching them, and that made everything slightly uncomfortable.

“Hmmm, nope. Can’t do it,” Sunny decided, putting the copy of the comic back up on the shelf, while being careful not to drop any of the flyers. She really did need to hang them up around the store and be sure to drop some on the counter so they could start handing them out in the bags with every purchase. Hanging some up around town on community boards would also be a good idea, now that she thought about it. Advertising wasn’t the strong point of the store’s manager.

She started walking around the store, expecting Sky to follow her, which he did. It made a smile curl her lips as she started pinning the flyers up on the boards scattered throughout the store. Most of the stuff on them was local meet ups for gamers or people looking for an extra member for their tabletop game. One ad was an artist looking to partner up with someone to do their own indie comic. Sunny liked looking through what everyone was up to, but she’d never actually followed up with the information she found. Events with strangers wasn’t really her thing.

There was one taller pillar near the back of the store that had collectible cards hanging from it. Sunny waited to get behind it before tugging at Sky’s shirt and kissing him on the cheek. She loved getting to do that, and it brought a wider smile with it. “I’ll watch the show with you, though. It’s a spin off of Avatar: The Last Airbender. You saw that one, right?” Plus at least they were mostly out of sight from Neil now.

“No making out behind the card display!”

Sunny colored but then shrugged and called back, “We’re not!”

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Resident
YEARS
Water manipulation
Dating
played by lohke

Posted on: Jan 28 2018, 04:04 PM
No? She wouldn't tell him? Sunny walked away, and Skylar hesitated for a second before following her, intending to try getting an explanation on why she wouldn't tell him.

He was admittedly a bit taken aback when he realised that she was smiling; what exactly was she playing at?

Oh. Oh! Yeah, okay. A smile burst out as Sunny took hold of his shirt and pulled down on it, and he willingly leaned in. His eyes closed during the motion, and there was only a tiny hint of disappointment when she kissed his cheek, rather than his lips, but it hardly mattered in the end. She had initiated, which was what really mattered.

Wait... "Avatar: The Last Airbender has a follow up? How did I not know that? Is it similar in quality?"

Sunny blushed slightly at Neil's comment, and her reply made Skylar smile, slightly amused by her embarrassment, and he leaned in closer; "we could be?"

I'm a little unsteady

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Student
YEARS
Teleportation
Dating
played by Timeless

Posted on: Jan 28 2018, 04:28 PM

So stay with me
For just a minute more
“Yeah! It does. Came out like…ages after it ended.” She wasn’t sure on the exact year gap that went on between the two, but it was quite a bite of time, right? Yeah, she was mostly sure of that. “And there are heated debates about whether or not the quality is similar, but I’m going to let you decide for yourself before you get brainwashed into believing any particular thing. Not that you would be.” He was a bit harder to influence than Sunny knew she was; she admired that about him.

The embarrassment Neil caused would honestly have been short-lived. Really, it would’ve! She was around Neil enough that when he did manage to make her blush, which was less often than it used to be, it tended to pass quickly. So by all counts, she just needed a second to collect herself.

Sky leaning in made her blink fast a couple times in surprise, finding him much closer than she had expected. With the display directly behind her, there wasn’t space to really back up, not that Sky was trapping her here, though. And not that she minded in the least.

Sunny’s breath hung for a second in her throat before she let out a breathy laugh. No, no, okay, no. Do not encourage him. “That…that’d be really awkward to explain to my manager if he watched the footage.” She pointed back behind Sky to the little camera mounted on the ceiling. Sure, it was just to check for possible theft in the case of money or merchandise going missing, but who knew if her manager would look over the footage of today for some reason. “Unless you want to explain for me?” Sunny joked.

Even still, she stayed frozen in place with Sky far too close for her brain to function properly. Think about something else. Not him. Nope. Not the way he smiled or how he was almost close enough for her to be convinced she could feel the heat from his body. Yeah, this was easy; she was nailing this.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Resident
YEARS
Water manipulation
Dating
played by lohke

Posted on: Jan 28 2018, 04:43 PM
It was fine. It was fine, she was right. Skylar's smile dimmed a bit, but it was still there; she'd been happy to see him, it was progress, but that didn't mean that everything was okay. He knew that. Progress was good, and pushing it wouldn't make anything better.

"Yeah, maybe not," he shrugged lightly in agreement, as he stepped slightly backwards.

At least she'd been nice in her refusal, right? After she'd kinda laughed at his suggestion. No, she'd been happy to see him; she had. They were going to be okay, it was just going to take a bit more time, and he was willing to wait, just like last time. She was worth it, undoubtedly.

"So, ehm..." he started, looking for a change of subject, "I have a sewing machine and such, so, I guess, whenever you feel like it, we can look to making you an Asami cosplay?"

Focus on the good things; everything was going to work out.

I'm a little unsteady

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Student
YEARS
Teleportation
Dating
played by Timeless

Posted on: Jan 28 2018, 04:55 PM

So stay with me
For just a minute more
Breathing was easier when Sky stepped back. Sunny also hated it. Well, not the breathing really, but the stepping back. Breathing was probably pretty important; it didn’t feel like it, though.

She finished putting up another flyer, doing her best to distract herself while Sky changed the conversation. “Well, it’s more whenever I can get permission to leave the house,” Sunny admitted. She tilted her head and stared for a second at the flyer before moving the right corner down a half inch to try and straighten it out.

Satisfied that it looked right, Sunny turned back to Sky with a wry smile. “There is mild good news on that front though? My mom managed to decrease my sentence to the Phantom Zone.” Her parents had been up arguing after Sunny got home from Sky’s apartment, and even though she should have just gone to bed, she had listened in instead. Hey, it was about her and Sky…

“One full week, including this weekend. So…how about I come over next Friday? I already asked my mom if it’d be okay, and till then, you know…you could pop by whenever I’m working. Otherwise I won’t get to see you.” That would suck.

Wait…he started back to work on Monday, didn’t he? “Um, unless you work Friday? We could do Saturday or Sunday, maybe?”

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Resident
YEARS
Water manipulation
Dating
played by lohke

Posted on: Jan 28 2018, 05:48 PM
Friday...

See, he knew that she was likely to be grounded, since her father seemed to passionately dislike him, so a week wasn't really that bad, but he'd had enough time to get restless between last night and today, so the thought of a week already felt like an eternity.

She also made it sound like she'd only be allowed out one day during weekend, which sucked, because he likely wouldn't have much excess energy; "I have a shift next weekend, from Friday to Saturday."

Still, he couldn't pass on a chance to see her, but he was probably going to be out cold for the most of Saturday and a good part of Sunday; his 24 hour shifts hadn't been too much of a problem when he saw her on a regular basis.

"I'll be back home around 8 Saturday morning, but, you know, I'll probably pass out and sleep most of the day?" Which meant that his sleeping schedule would shift a bit, and he'd likely be tired Sunday as well, and it was a longer wait, but he'd take it anyway.

"I guess Sunday would be the best option?"

I'm a little unsteady

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Student
YEARS
Teleportation
Dating
played by Timeless

Posted on: Jan 28 2018, 06:03 PM

So stay with me
For just a minute more
Sunny’s stomach dropped in disappointment. Oh. He was working next weekend. Okay…that was fine. That was good really; working would be good for him. She knew he had to be getting restless being home all day. “Okay…” she answered, smiling hesitantly and trying not to look upset that he couldn’t spend any time with her that weekend. She wasn’t upset at him. No, just the timing of everything, she supposed. And a little her dad still. Or a lot her dad, actually.

Her smile steadied a bit when he suggested Sunday. At least that meant they’d still see each other, even if it would be a longer time—he hadn’t answered her about coming by when she was working, so apparently he hadn’t liked that idea, and Sunny wasn’t going to bring it up again.

“Yeah, Sunday.” She fiddled a bit with the flyers in her hands before taking a breath and looking up at him. Words failed her for a second. “I’ll get together as much as I can find for the cosplay on Friday and Saturday, that way we can get a lot done Sunday. There has to be something in like…the thrift store, right?”

Neil popped out from around the display, making Sunny jump and the flyers slip from her arms and scatter to the floor. “Oh my god.” She stared down at the mess, dismayed, before looking at the assistant manager. “I know you can walk like a ninja, but why do you have to?”

“I thrive off of the fear,” he answered blandly. “It sustains me.” He tugged a bit at his collar for a second before asking, “Are you planning to work today…at some point?”

Ha. That was a joke coming from him, and Sunny had to fleetingly grit her teeth before she said something horrible. And that wasn’t like her anyway; she didn’t lash out at people. Mostly, she corrected herself silently, thinking back to meeting Sky’s ex.

“Yeah, um…” She got down on her knees to gather up the flyers. “But after I clean this up, I’m going to take my break.”

“So what do you call the last ten minutes?”

She breathed for a second and then smiled up at him. “Multitasking.”

He seemed grumpy about that answer but after a glance shot toward Sky, Neil headed back to the front desk…and the computer. Who really knew what he did all day.

“Sorry,” Sunny mumbled, not quite wanting to look at Sky. “Can you stay? Hang out with me on my break? It’s not long but it’s…something.”

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Resident
YEARS
Water manipulation
Dating
played by lohke

Posted on: Jan 29 2018, 01:12 AM
Thrift stores; that confused Skylar for a second, until the entirely of her sentence caught up to him. Right, they were gonna work on her cosplay, that was the reason that she was going to drop by.

He shrugged and forced himself to ignore the thoughts that claimed she wouldn't want to spend time with him unless he could do something for her. She'd been happy to see him, he had to remember that.

"Let me know if you don't find anything? Then I can look into some patterns, and we can sew something."

Sunny had been about to reply, when Neil popped around the corner and scared her enough to make her drop the flyers; Skylar was just about to kneel down, intending to help with picking them up, when Neil's snide comment on why Sunny wasn't working made him stop from doing so.

Instead he slowly aimed a glaring look at the guy; no matter what Sunny wanted from their relationship, he was apparently never going to be able to letting people disrespect her. She deserved to be respected, and there was a clear, but silent, warning in Skylar's expression for Neil to not continue down the path that he'd stepped onto.

It seemed like he wasn't all stupid, because he turned around and left after having glanced at Skylar; his facial expression relaxed instantly when Neil turned around and left.

"Yeah, sure," he replied when she asked if he'd stay, and he wondered if she'd ever realise that would almost always be his answer? Of course he'd stay; as long as she wanted him to, then he'd stay.

"I'm gonna wait outside? Gonna check on Preston." he gave her a brief smile before walking out the store.

When he got out, he sat down on the ground next to the puppy, who was at least as happy to see him as Sunny had been.

She had been happy to see him, he reminded himself, trying to ignore the fact that they didn't seem much like a couple anymore; had she been pushing herself, thinking that was what he wanted from her?

She had been kissing his neck at one point recently; was she keeping a distance because of that? Was it because she thought that he wouldn't want it, or had she realised that she didn't? Had the tension last night been something he'd imagined, since she hadn't really done anything today?

It could just be because she was at work, a more logical part of his brain suggested, but what if it wasn't?

He was still on the ground, cuddling with Preston and not really caring at all about the fact that the sidewalk and Preston's paws was dirtying his clothes, when the door opened and Sunny stepped out.

Skylar had apparently been worrying a bit too much about all this, because "may I kiss you?" kinda fell out of his mouth when he saw her, before he tensed up when he realised; what if she said no?

I'm a little unsteady

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (7) 1 2 3 ... Last »
Add Reply

Admin - Mod - Member - Guest