Meowmory, Sky&Cat
Student
YEARS
Plant Manipulation
Single
I believe in God, only I spell it Nature - Frank Lloyd Wright
played by Lore

Posted on: Nov 12 2017, 04:15 PM
Quite a lot had happened in the past months. The entire city seemed to be on the verge of a war. Not even Silas felt as safe as it had before, these days. On top of all the chaos, one of her best friends had disappeared, apparently returned but with his memory gone, and Catherine had been too scared to be confronted by that, to even dare see him, because what if he didn't remember anything about her? By the time she'd brought up even a tiny bit of courage, Sky had already moved out of his dorm, and Catherine didn't know where to and didn't have any ways of contacting him. So she'd kind of just...given up.

There had been plenty of things to keep her busy, anyway. She'd met new people, made new friends, as there seemed to be a constant stream of new students applying to Silas, despite everything. On top of that, Catherine had decided that it would be better to not sit idly by, and learn as much as she could, about her powers. She'd started reading up more on magic, too, Pagan and Wiccan magic in perticular, as they were forces with tight ties to nature and plants. Slowly but surely, Cat was learning to use her abilities to grow healing (and some poisonous) plants in her dorm, to make medicine, and plants that according to Pagan and Wiccan had protective properties. It was interesting to finally feel like her abilities could be useful to people.

Today, however, she'd taken a day off her studies. It had been the time of year to get her cats to a Vet for their checkups... Which was always challenge, at least when it concerned her black bombay cat Cleo, who seemed absolutely convinced there was a special layer in a deep pit of Hell, designed for any and all vets, and would gladly help deliver them there as soon as possible.
Anthony never minded vet visits much, even if he was the one who needed extra visits from time to time, but then there wasn't many people the large tabby Maine Coon really disliked. Whilst he calmly walked next to Catherine (leashed, just for safety), hisses and growls could be heard from the carrier backpack on her back from time to time, turning heads of some by-passers.

Catherine had stopped at the front of a pet store to look in the windows, trying to decide if she needed anything from there now she passed by one, when she spotted a familliar face walking towards her.
Impossible...right? She took a step towards him. Then another. There was no mistaking it. After not seeing him for, what, 6 months, she was running right into Skylar!
Excited, Catherine walked towards him, waving at him and then signing away, probably too fast for him to understand. 'Oh Gods, Skylar! It's so good to see you! I thought you'd disappeared for good! How have you been?' She started firing off questions right away. Anthony curiously stepped towards the familiar human, sniffing his jeans a moment, before letting out a meow and looking up at him, purring.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Resident
YEARS
Water manipulation
It's Complicated
You can't cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water.
played by lohke

Posted on: Nov 12 2017, 05:19 PM
Sunny had plans today, but would try to drop by later, if her parents would let her leave early; Skylar had told her that didn't really matter, and that she should drop by, no matter how late they'd let her go. She had a key, and could let herself in, which he'd always appreciate. It didn't matter if he was asleep, really, because he'd be plenty happy waking up next to her. She had laughed and said that she'd consider it.

So yeah, everything considered, Skylar was happy, even if he couldn't spend his day off with Sunny. Instead he was walking the town, looking at windows to spend time.

He stopped outside a jewellery store, and backtracked a bit, to look a bit closer at the ring that had caught his attention. Oh, that was... it was so simple, and yet so elegant, in a raw kinda way. It wasn't polished and refined, but seemed more natural and real, and it made him think of Sunny; cute, looking simple at first glance, but worth more than it appeared. At least judging by the price, but it wasn't more than he could afford, really.

Taking a spontaneous decision, Skylar entered the store. The ring turned out to be 18 carat gold, with a small cluster of raw diamonds, and Skylar bought it without much thought. It was on sale, so it was totally justified, even if he didn't plan to give it to her within the near future; he didn't even know if it was the right size, but the woman who sold it to him, assured him that they could fit it if it was necessary. He left the store with the small box wrapped inside a small bag, and pushed into his pocket.

He had to be insane, right? He hadn't even been dating Sunny for six months yet, but it felt right. She felt right; he didn't know why, but she was practically the only thing that he knew for sure. Did that make sense? Maybe not, but that didn't really matter, did it?

Besides, it was not that much worse than the fact that Sunny had been complaining about them not living together, was it? Sure, okay, she'd been drugged at that time, and didn't seem to remember, but... But they'd gotten so much further since then, you know?

"Um," okay, what? He didn't want to be rude, but the girl had caught him by surprise, and he took a small step back, kinda staring in confusion as she waved her hands at him. Wait, no, not waving... was she doing sign language? Was she deaf? Did she think that he knew sign language? ...did he know sign language? Did he know her?

"Hi?" He said, hesitantly.

Um...

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Student
YEARS
Plant Manipulation
Single
played by Lore

Posted on: Nov 12 2017, 05:40 PM
Catherine had pretty much already started half a rant about how boring it was at Silas without Skylar around, when she noticed that he seemed to be confused. Then he took a step back, and definitely looked more confused at her.... Catherine slowed down her signing, hoping it would be just the speed at which she was talking to him, but her heart fell a little.

Her gut feeling seemed to have been right, as Skylar looked at her like he didn't even know her, and possibly like he thought she might be slightly crazy. So he really had forgotten about her, too, then?
Catherine chewed on her bottom lip, then snapped her fingers and handed Skylar the leash attached to Anthony's harness as she used both hands to retrieve a notebook from her sling bag. From behind her, a soft growl could be heard, as Cleopatra voiced her disagreement to being held diagonally as Catherine bend over a bit to scribble down words on paper.

Once she was done writing, she took the leash from a still looking profoundly confused Skylar, handing him the notepad so he could have a read.
Hi. You probably don't remember me, but I'm Cat. I'm mute. You learned Sign for me. We were friends... How are you? I haven't seen you in months!
She looked at him, a hint of hope in her eyes at some sign that he remembered her, as he read her message. Anthony had decided to curl himself around Skylar's legs, rubbing his face against his leg and blinking up at him. Catherine signed at the feline that she was glad to see Sky, too. The Cat replied with a purring meow.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Resident
YEARS
Water manipulation
It's Complicated
played by lohke

Posted on: Nov 13 2017, 03:16 PM
The girl seemed discouraged for a moment, having obviously expected to be recognised; Skylar didn't know what to say, because what if she was deaf, and wouldn't understand him anyway?

He gawked when he was handed the least, and he looked down at the cat that was at the other end of it. That was... different. He glanced at the girl, before crouching down to pet the cat that was rubbing against his leg, until a movement made him look up to see the girl reaching out for the leash, while also reaching a note pad towards him.

Skylar was still confused when he got back up and switched the leash for the notepad, once more glancing at the girl, before turning his attention to the notepad, reading what she'd written.

They were friends? Well, yeah, sure. One could never have too many friends, right? She looked pretty cute, and seemed down to Earth in a kinda calm way, but despite being an admittedly good looking person, Skylar didn't feel drawn to her, the same way as he'd done towards Sunny. He'd been noticing that lately, when he met people, and honestly, it made him wonder a bit every time.

He actually knew sign language? Because of this girl? Cat. It was probably short for Catherine, or something. But, were they good friends, since he'd practised an entire language for her? Or... you know, Skylar hadn't really met anyone else, who communicated in sign language, so being mute was probably, you know, not overly fun, and he felt bad that she had to write down everything every time she wanted to say something. Huh... Maybe that was why?

"I'm sorry that I don't remember," he apologised, and stopped himself before he could introduce himself; she already knew who he was, right? "I'm good... all things considered, I'm really good, yeah."

"Cat," he mumbled, before looking down at the cat on the ground, and then to the one that was trapped inside the carrier, before giving her a slightly hesitant smile; "you live up to your name, huh?"

Um...

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Student
YEARS
Plant Manipulation
Single
played by Lore

Posted on: Nov 17 2017, 05:45 PM
Catherine had noticed Sky bending down to pet Anthony for a moment, which had caused her to smile a small smile. At least he still liked her cat, apparently. As she waited for Skylar to read the quickly scribbled message, she slow blinked at the feline looking up at her.
Sky, meanwhile, seemed to read the note with slight confusion readable on his face. He hadn't really changed much, except maybe he looked slightly more well-rested? Did that mean he no longer had the nightmares? Catherine supposed that in that case, maybe him having lost his memory wouldn't be such a bad thing. Friendships could be reforged, after all.

"I'm sorry that I don't remember," Catherine shrugged and smiled, which widened when she said he was doing good. Really, after all this time of not having heard anything, she was glad to see him alive, and apparently doing really well, too!
"You live up to your name, huh?" She let out a silent chuckle at that, raising an eyebrow at him. He clearly still had the same sense of humor. Shaking her head and smiling still, she took back the notepad and wrote Skylar another message.

"I'm glad you still have the same sense of humor, Sky! smile.gif" She replied, holding up the note for him to read before continuing to write the rest of her message. "Took Anthony and Cleopatra to the vet.... The hissing one in my bag is Cleo. She's a diva and doesn't really like anyone." As if prompted, a low growl could be heard from the tiny, feisty feline.
Catherine tore off the note, handed it over and wrote again. She'd dropped the leash, but didn't really pay it any mind, as her cat always liked to stay close. "What have you been up to the past months? Wanna go grab a coffee?"

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Resident
YEARS
Water manipulation
It's Complicated
played by lohke

Posted on: Nov 19 2017, 03:28 PM
Smile.gif? Had she literally just written smile.gif on a piece of paper? Skylar didn't know how to react to that, honestly. Somehow it just seemed weird, but to each their own or something, right?

Well, at least she didn't seem to think that he'd changed much, even if he didn't remember anything, which was a thing that he had plenty of time to think about as she wrote more to the note, after he'd replied with a smile, not knowing that to say.

It's not that she was a slow writer, but it still took time, and honestly, if they'd really been friends, he understood why he'd been learning asl, because this right here? This felt kinda like a snail mail exchange reply to an instant message; just the tiniest bit frustrating.

She handed him the note, and Skylar caught himself thinking that it was kinda a waste of paper as he turned it to read what it said. Anthony and Cleopatra? He looked up to see Cat holding another note towards him.

"I, um... yeah, sure. Sure." He didn't have plans until later, so he wouldn't mind making a coffee stop, and possibly learn a bit more about this girl, as well as who he used to be. He didn't know where they could go, with Cat dragging two felines around.

"Lead the way," he offered, shaping it like a polite request. "Do you like Shakespeare? I mean, since your cats are named after one of his plays?"

Um...

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Student
YEARS
Plant Manipulation
Single
played by Lore

Posted on: Jan 18 2018, 04:09 PM
Skylar gave her a bit of a weird expression on her message that he hadn't changed much. One Catherine couldn't quite place. Had she said something wrong? It already seemed to pass before she could worry too much about it, though, so she supposed it didn't really matter.

She clapped her hands to show her excitement when Sky agreed to go have coffee with her. It was just like old times, kind of, a little. Even better when he said she could lead the way, because she knew just the place to visit. Catherine pointed in the direction they should go, first crossing the street and then going left.
"Do you like Shakespeare? I mean, since your cats are named after one of his plays?" Skylar asked as they walked down the pavement to wards Catherine's favourite coffeeshop. Of course, with his entire memory wiped, he wouldn't remember any of the stories they'd shared. She signed "hang on" to sky and whipped out her phone. As writing and walking at the same time was more troublesome than typing, and started typing out a reply. My parents actually named Anthony after the play. I got Cleo because I was the only person at the shelter I volunteered at that she let near her. My parents suggested the name Cleopatra because it would fit because of the play... And because she's a queen and can be really dramatic. She held out her phone for him to read the message, and pointed to the right to indicate they should take a turn at the corner of the street. Just a moment, and the shop was already in view.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

Admin - Mod - Member - Guest