Pages: (8) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Preston, for Sunny/Times
Resident
YEARS
Water manipulation
Dating
You can't cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water.
played by lohke

Posted on: Dec 18 2017, 04:38 PM
Sunny was at school, and Skylar was out walking, on his way back from the weekly psychologist visit, and getting the bandages cut off, which had been nice, and kinda weird. In the end it was great to have his hand back, even if he needed to do regular exercises to get it back to full use. She had been around for a few days, and all things considered, it had been good. Surprisingly good. Almost good enough for Skylar to occasionally consider if she'd might actually stick around this time.

Still, he'd considered this before, a few times, and after today, where Dr. Larsson had mentioned that it would be best if he found something else to put into his life, instead of letting it revolve around Sunny, Skylar had kinda decided that now might be the time, because it had made some sense.

Okay, this was... overwhelming. There was so many to choose from, and Skylar looked around the pound, feeling a bit lost. They were all amazingly adorable, and he couldn't resist smiling when they all came to the gates, begging for his attention.

"What'cha looking for?" Skylar looked up at and older woman who was smiling down at him, as he was crouching in front of the gate that was holding a small bulldog, who was liking his fingers enthusiastically, as he held a hand towards it.

"A friend?" he replied hesitantly after a few heartbeats, before continuing, "um, not too hyper, but still active, I guess? You know, willing to go for a run?" She smiled at him, and nodded towards the bulldog, "you're gonna want something larger then, if you want company for runs."

Skylar hesitated a bit at that, feeling that it would be a shame to bring a large dog into his relatively small apartment; dog weren't toys, so, even if he preferred the idea of a larger dog, he needed to consider what amount of space he had.

"Actually, I think a Leonberger would be a great breed for you. They're loyal and protective too, and we have a few puppies that came in a few days ago," she nodded for Skylar to follow and he said goodbye to the bulldog before getting up and doing so.

"They were brought in by an older gentleman, his wife were in a tragic car accident, and had their mother in the car as well, which left him with five pups that he couldn't handle on his own. They were lucky that they were old enough to survive without their parent."

"Oh my god, I... That's so sad." They reached the other end of the room, and Skylar was suddenly finding himself in front of five small energetic fluffy teddy bears.

Long story short, he ended up spending at least an hour at the pound, talking with Brenda and playing with dogs, and left with a whole bunch of stuff, including a Leonberger puppy and an older Corgi. What? Don't judge, you weren't there to see them. Maybe it was the eyes; Sunny had large brown eyes, and he couldn't say no to her either.

Biscuit was laying on the pillow that he'd put next to the couch, watching Skylar and the puppy playing; she was half-blind and Brenda said that she was only expected to live a couple months more because of her age, and Sky couldn't turn down bringing her home, and hopefully making her last days better that they would have been in a cage at the pound. Yeah, he was a softie at some points, so what?

He was laying on the floor, lazily holding onto a piece of rope while the puppy pulled the other end, making Skylar smile every time it shook it's head to try and make him lose his grip. It was adorable.

He heard the door open; Sunny still didn't have a key, and neither of them had brought it up, but it felt too soon still, but he'd left the door unlocked, as she'd said that she'd be back. He rolled over, and looked in the direction of the front door; "hey, how was school?"

How could I resist?

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Student
YEARS
Teleportation
Dating
all we do is think about the feelings that we hide
played by Timeless

Posted on: Dec 18 2017, 05:19 PM

I'm walking on sunshine, whoa
And don't it feel good
Classes lasted an eternity; honestly, it should be criminal how long it took for five hours to pass. Tuesday classes were an hour and a half, and she’d had time to kill between her two classes, which made everything a thousand times worse. Making herself focus in class was practically impossible, but when she had nothing to distract herself with, Sunny didn’t do much more than sit around in the library thinking about Sky. Honestly, it wasn’t the most productive use of her time. She did, however, manage to make herself work on some homework so she wouldn’t have to spend as much time today doing it while at Sky’s apartment; yesterday would’ve been better if she hadn’t taken up a whole two hours on homework. Well, two and a half actually.

Clicking the end of her pen, Sunny’s eyes continued straying from the professor to the clock that was on the wall just behind him. Two more minutes of torture and then she would shoot Sky a quick text to let him know she was on her way back. After the fiasco that was yesterday, Sunny decided the best course of action would just be to…over-text. Hopefully Sky would like that better than worrying, and he could always tell her if it became annoying, right? She hoped so. The last thing she wanted to do was annoy him, even if he had promised her that she would never be too much.

Sunny bolted to her feet the second the professor gave the go ahead for everyone to leave. He definitely didn’t have to tell her twice. Slinging the bag over her shoulder, Sunny headed toward the Silas parking lot where she had left Sky’s car. In a stunning plot twist, despite her insistence that Sky take the car since he had to go places today (and, you know, it was his car, Sunny had wound up taking the car. God forbid she ever try to be considerate; no, he was too sweet to make her walk to school or take public transportation.

Even though the thought made her roll her eyes, Sunny was smiling as she pulled open the car door and climbed in, sending a quick text to Sky. There was a slight twinge in her leg at the motion, reminding her of the fading pain. Sunny rubbed it absentmindedly before starting the car and putting it into gear to head back to the apartment.

A small bout of nerves started to life in her stomach; yesterday had been so bad after she got back from school, and yeah, okay, maybe she was kind of worried something would go wrong again. But it was fine, because yesterday had eventually been good again, and everything was fine. The real superhuman trick would be making herself believe that.

She took the stairs slowly after arriving at the apartment building, already breathing a little heavier when she got to his door. On autopilot, Sunny reached for her key. Ah…right. Disappointment stuck in her throat, and she reached for the doorknob at the same time as she raised her hand to knock. She ended up stumbling slightly forward when the door opened, not expecting it to be unlocked. “I’m fine!” was her immediate response upon hearing Sky’s voice; she glanced up.

“Oh. my. god.” To be honest, Sunny barely even saw Sky laying on the floor, and then she was suddenly on her knees, grinning wildly at the little puppy that launched itself at her in a frenzy of energy. “Yes, hi, hello, oh my god, you’re so perfect. Look at you.” She ruffled the fur sticking up on its tiny head, and it nipped at her fingers before racing off and renewing its tugging on a piece of rope.

It took another second before Sunny noticed movement in the corner of her eye, looking over to see… She gasped. “You got two! It’s a corgi. I love corgis.” There was some slight graying around the others muzzle, which meant it had to be an older dog, making Sunny approach it more calmly, murmuring to it all the while, “Hey there, gorgeous. Hey. Can I pet you? Yeah? I think we’re gonna be friends.” The tiny stub of a tail moved slowly, and Sunny took that as permission, stretching her hand out for the corgi to smell before she stroked its back.

Eyes definitely lit up with pure excitement, Sunny looked over at Sky, while she stayed sitting on her knees in front of the corgi. “You better not tell me you’re dog sitting. Otherwise this is just cruel.”

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Resident
YEARS
Water manipulation
Dating
played by lohke

Posted on: Dec 18 2017, 05:44 PM
Judging from what Skylar could see from the floor, it kinda looked like Sunny fell in the door, and her quick assurance that she was okay seemed to confirm this, and Skylar was just about to make a comment on it, when the puppy let go of the rope, and almost tripped over it own paws as he ran towards Sunny, making Skylar smile at the sight. Clumsy fluffball.

After a short moment he whistled briefly, and when Preston returned, Skylar rewarded him with a treat and nuzzled him for a bit, while complimenting him on coming when called, before they resumed their tug-o-war.

Skylar looked up towards Sunny with a smile, just as she noticed Biscuit; she was so excited, and nope, Skylar had absolutely no regrets about getting dogs, even if he should probably look for another apartment soon; he couldn't keep carrying Preston up and down the stairs, and it wasn't good for him to walk on them too much.

Well, yeah, okay, he should be able to carry him, even when Preston grew up, but he kinda didn't want to do so every time that they had to go for a walk.

"Nah, I'm afraid that they're here to stay." He smiled teasingly at Sunny, "you were away for a long time, so I got lonely and panicked. This is all your fault, just so you know."

"That's Biscuit," he said, nodding at the corgi, "and this is Preston."

How could I resist?

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Student
YEARS
Teleportation
Dating
played by Timeless

Posted on: Dec 18 2017, 05:55 PM

And don't it feel good
Sunny’s already bright smile widened even more at his teasing reply. “I accept full blame with so, so much pride,” she answered with a laugh, bending down to get a little closer to the corgi who she now knew the name of. “Your name’s Biscuit? Does that mean you like biscuits? Don’t worry, I’ll be sure to smuggle in some treats for you after school tomorrow.”

The giant ears of corgis were always Sunny’s favorite thing, and they were soft when she ran her hand over them, making Biscuit nudge its nose into her hand. “I love you already,” Sunny whispered to the dog, though she knew with how quiet it was in the apartment, Sky probably heard.

Rather than standing up, she soon scooted back over in the direction of Sky and the puppy. Smiling at the adorable animal, Sunny whispered, half in awe, “He looks like a teddy bear.” She bumped her shoulder against Sky, getting close enough that she could see what he saw as Preston continued to animatedly try and tear the rope away from Sky’s hand.

Unable to resist, she reached out and stroked its pure fluff. “You’re so adorable,” she told the puppy before looking over at Sky next to her. It took her a second, but then Sunny beamed at him and ruffled his hair, saying, “You’re cute, too,” before she laughed and looked back to the two dogs. “So what, two-for-one deal at the pound?” she teased.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Resident
YEARS
Water manipulation
Dating
played by lohke

Posted on: Dec 19 2017, 01:07 AM
Skylar smiled softly when Sunny laughed, feeling like warmth was spreading through him. He adored when she laughed, and he loved that he was the reason for it, even of that most likely meant that she didnt realise that there'd been some truth in what he'd said, though it hadn't been during the few hours she'd been away today that he had panicked, but he decided that there was no reason to mention that.

He was still laying on the floor, his attention still on Sunny, until Preston pulled extra hard on the rope, and it actually slipped a bit in Skylar's hand since he hadn't been paying attention, demanding him to focus on the puppy again.

“I love you already,” he heard Sunny whisper to Biscuit, and well, okay, that... that wasn't a bad thing. It wasn't, but Skylar still caught himself wondering when he'd be able to confess such things again, and if Sunny would ever tell him that once more before he did. She'd already told him, but it still seemed a bit hard to believe.

He blinked at her for a second, before smiling at the way she leaned against him as she scooted over. This was so much better than yesterday. He'd heard that he'd gotten a message, but he hadn't had time to read it yet, because the dogs had kept his attention, which meant that he hadn't worried in the same way today; yesterday he'd had nothing else to focus on that the fact that Sunny had been late.

The way that she ruffled his hair made it feel like his breath was stuck in his throat for a second, before he beamed a smile at her, and he put an arm around her, as she lay next to him, the other still holding the rope to entertain Preston. He still missed her, which was weird, considering that she was right there, but it got better slowly. They got better.

"Kinda," he replied, "Biscuit is so old that no one cared to adopt her, because she is half blind and likely won't be around for much longer, so I kinda couldn't leave her there, you know?"

"I didn't pay a fee for her, they refused to accept it, claiming that they were happy that I wanted to take care of her... so I dropped a few bills in their donations jar, when they didn't look instead."

He pulled the rope a bit, making Preston more energetically pull on it, before handing it over to Sunny. She was so unfairly beautiful when she smiled.

How could I resist?

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Student
YEARS
Teleportation
Dating
played by Timeless

Posted on: Dec 19 2017, 01:31 AM

And don't it feel good
Sunny didn’t really think she could smile more than she already was, but then Sky’s arm went around her and all bets were off. She shot him a quick glance before focusing on the puppy in front of her. Preston was downright adorable, but nothing and nobody could beat Sky. Although adorable wasn’t the word he normally made her think of, but that was beside the point.

Her smile dimmed a little when he explained why he had adopted two dogs instead of one. “Oh…” The corgi pricked an ear in their direction as if she was listening in on their conversation; there was a chance she actually had heard Sky say her name. And Sunny was really doing her best to not tear up at the thought of Biscuit dying. It takes basically no time at all to get attached to fuzzy creatures who just want to love you, okay?

Preston refused to let her stay sad though, renewing his “ferocious” growling as he fought to get the rope from Sky. Sunny’s lips quirked back into a smile before looking back over at Sky and leaning into him a bit more. “You’re such a softie,” she teased. The rope suddenly in her hand briefly caught her attention but rather than focusing on the puppy now insistently grappling for control, Sunny inclined her head to press her lips fleetingly to Sky’s cheek. It did make her go a smidgen pink. “I love that.”

She also loved him, and the fact that he did things like giving Biscuit a home for however long she had left…yeah, Sunny would fight anyone that dared claim Sky wasn’t an amazing person. But hopefully it wouldn’t come to that because she would be embarrassingly bad in a fight. Just, wow…so bad.

The rope went surprisingly slack in her hand, and it tore Sunny’s eyes away from Sky. “What’s that face? What’d I do? Was I not playing right?” She grinned at the puppy who had flopped down with his muzzle over the end of his rope, staring at her and Sky. “I’m sorry, is this better?” She gave the rope a tug, and the second it slipped out from under him, Preston pounced, mouth wide open and grabbing for it. “Yeah, that’s better.”

It was nice…having the dogs here kind of eased the tension between her and Sky; it was like she wasn’t as self conscious with something else to focus on and fill the silence. For some reason, it also helped her feel bolder with initiating things. Maybe it was just that after she did, she could look away and something could steal both their attentions away. It made the small moments seem almost natural.

“Preston is going to be my new best friend. I’ve decided.” She raised both eyebrows and looked at Sky. “Don’t test me, I’ll fight you for him. Or…I could let him do it…” With a wide smile, Sunny pulled the rope free as Preston opened his mouth to get a better grip, only to toss it straight at Sky. In a half a second, the furry little pup was launching himself at Sky’s face.

Considering they were laying side-by-side, and Sky’s arm was still around her, there would probably be casualties in this “war.”

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Resident
YEARS
Water manipulation
Dating
played by lohke

Posted on: Dec 23 2017, 03:59 AM
The reaction he got from putting his arm around her was so much more than he'd dared hope for, and it felt like the added brightness to her smile had the potential to either save or destroy the entire planet.

That might sound weird, but it was too radiant to be explained without using stupid metaphors; she was like a sun, life giving and warm, and Skylar was a useless planet, revolving around her, only slightly alive because of her warmth and light... well, maybe not exactly "alive" yet, but he'd upgraded, kinda, from Neptune to Saturn. No longer made from freezing ice, but not yet terrestrial; more like an unstable gaseous planet, slightly unstable and potentially explosive, with an outer atmosphere that is generally bland and lacking in contrast, although long-lived features can appear. Yup.

Her smile dimmed when he told her about why he'd gotten Biscuit as well, and for a second he was confused about her reaction, then her eyes got kinda shiny; was she sad? She was, yeah, but why? Did she think it was a bad reason for him to adopt the dog? God, she'd hate the primary reason he had for adopting Preston then.

Preston who was surprisingly good at stealing attention, and cheering her up, it turned out. Skylar smiled affectionately at the puppy for a second, until the dumb part of his brain asked what he'd do if Sunny now stayed because of the puppy, and not because of him. Which, honestly, was a surprisingly depressive thought.

She leaned in against him, and Skylar looked at her just as she called him a big softie; he frowned ever so slightly in confusion, because they both knew that he wasn't. He'd proved that several times. His ability was surprisingly fitting, if you thought about it compared to who he was: water might seem calm and inviting, but just beneath the surface roams the undercurrents, ready to grab you and pull you down. Tsunamis might destroy entire coasts and... water is dangerous, okay? ...and so was he, no matter how much he hated it.

He gave her the rope, hoping that Preston could distract her enough so that she wouldn't notice that he wasn't as happy as he was pretending to be, and a second later it was as if all thought came to a grinding halt, as she pressed a soft kiss against his cheek. She loved that he was a softie? So, she did love him because of something that he wasn't, didn't she?

No. No, he'd gotten Preston so he'd have someone else to focus on when Sunny wasn't around, because he needed that. He needed someone to take care of, no matter how pathetic that sounded, and her claim that she was going to fight him for the dog brought a bad taste to his mouth. Preston was his, even if he couldn't have Sunny; that had been the whole point. Still, Skylar knew that he'd probably let her have the dog, if she left again, hoping that it would make her happy. Fuck, maybe he was soft.

It was lucky that Preston was still relatively small, because otherwise it would have been painful when he slid across the floor and bumped into Skylar's face as Sunny softly tossed the rope in front of her; his arm was retracted from its place around Sunny as he rolled away to get the fur out of his face. He made a sputtering noise as he pulled a few strands from his mouth. Delightful.

Sitting up, Skylar glanced at Sunny, before looking back to Preston. He took a breath before getting up from the floor, and stretched a bit. This had been a good day, and logically he knew she hadn't meant anything by it, but turning down the negative voices was harder than it should be.

"I'm not gonna fight you," he said softly, looking at her with a sad smile, before stepping towards the fridge; he wasn't hungry, but he needed to do something else. He needed to focus on something else until he felt like he was in a bit more control of himself.

How could I resist?

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Student
YEARS
Teleportation
Dating
played by Timeless

Posted on: Dec 23 2017, 04:23 AM

And don't it feel good
The curve of her lips snapped to a straight line and then pulled down. No, no, he was…he was unhappy again, wasn’t he? Today had been better; why was he not happy anymore? Sunny felt like her chest could cave inward at the overwhelming pressure of disappointment.

Preston’s attack caused Sky to remove his arm, and Sunny went cold without him next to her—or maybe it was just the look on his face that dried out her mouth and left her empty. Her eyes followed Sky when he stood, but she stayed on the floor. Preston pressed his nose against her face, licking her before she squirmed away from him, using her hand on his back to keep him from renewing his efforts. Fingers buried in his thick fur, Sunny let her gaze fall away from Sky when she saw his smile. That wasn’t right. That wasn’t the smile she wanted him to have.

Mentally calling herself every bad name she could think of, Sunny stared hard at the furry pup that continued to try and tempt her into playing with him again. It wasn’t so easy to bring back her smile this time, but the corners of her mouth deepened slightly when Preston let out a low whine and practically flopped against her shoulder, his feet sticking up into her face as he wriggled on his back.

Scooping Preston up, which was harder than it should’ve been, Sunny walked over to the kitchen where Sky was leaning down to peer into the fridge. Using one of Preston’s paws, she nudged him and said, “Look at this face.” Preston was a pretty big ham and actually did open up his mouth like he was deliberately smiling as Sunny hoisted him up a little higher to hide her own face. “This face loves you. No contest. He’s totally yours.”

Leaning a little to the side, Sunny peeked around the fluff monster. The next words seemed to hang in her throat before she could murmur, “I don't want a new best friend, anyway. My current one's pretty much the best, so it just wouldn't be fair to Preston, you know?"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Resident
YEARS
Water manipulation
Dating
played by lohke

Posted on: Dec 23 2017, 07:36 AM
Okay, so he had more things in his fridge than he'd had for weeks, but he'd still been shopping for easy to prepare food, and right now he really needed something that was more complicated, so that he had to focus on making it, so Skylar peered into the fridge, trying to come up with something when he felt a nudge on his arm.

He turned towards it, and saw Sunny holding up Preston; for a puppy he was a good size, only a bit smaller than Biscuit was as a full grown adult; Sunny looked like it was a slight struggle, and it felt like she'd have trouble holding him, if he started struggling against her.

"This face loves you," she said, as she hid her own face behind Preston.

Well, he couldn't blame her, could he? Most dogs loved everyone, which was why he hadn't chosen a cat; cats required less, and he'd easily have room for one in the apartment, but they were less physically inclined, and Skylar was realistic enough to know that he needed someone that he could cuddle up to. Hence a dog.

Skylar breathed, closed the fridge, took a step to the side and opened one of the cupboards, taking out a glass and a blister pack of pills. He poured some water in the glass and popped a pill, before he mumbled, "Mariah has her moments, sure."

The redhead had been mostly good, all in all, but Skylar had a hard time warming up to her, after she'd brought him back the key from Sunny, and kinda hinted towards that Sunny was better off without him. She had been right, but it hadn't been her place to say so, and she had kinda made it sound like Sunny was the one left hurting, even if she had been the one to end things. Which left things a bit sour in Skylar's image of Mariah, and he had a had time imagining her even competing with Preston, honestly.

"He's a big puppy, please don't over-strain yourself." The extra weight couldn't be good for her leg, and Skylar looked at the way she hoisted Preston up with some concern, but he didn't want to take him from her, on the off chance that she'd might think he was looking down on her and her strength.

How could I resist?

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Student
YEARS
Teleportation
Dating
played by Timeless

Posted on: Dec 23 2017, 12:51 PM

And don't it feel good
Preston’s weight was already starting to drag on Sunny, and she drooped even more at Sky’s reaction. The puppy didn’t take kindly to the new angle he was being held at and began to wiggle around even more. Sunny set him down. He instantly bounded over to Sky, pawing at his legs and begging for attention. Honestly, what kind of screwed up situation was this that Sunny felt like she was basically doing the same thing? Begging for attention. Begging for love.

“I meant you. Not Mariah.” The words hung there for a second, and Sunny ducked her head, her stomach starting to churn while the embarrassment set in. It didn’t seem to matter what she did, so maybe she should give Sky some time alone. Maybe staying with him till Thursday had been a bad idea—too much, too soon.

Biting her lip slightly, Sunny looked up at him, feeling like the entire apartment was dimmer now than it had been before when she’d first returned from classes. How much time had passed, five minutes?

After a moment of silence, an avalanche of words came as she exhaled, “It feels like I don’t, um…have the right to get close to you right now, because I…I upset you, I guess, but I don’t know what I did. I was trying to tease you.” She locked one hand around the opposite wrist, not sure what to do with herself. “Get…get back to ‘our normal,’ right? That’s still what you want…isn’t it?”

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Resident
YEARS
Water manipulation
Dating
played by lohke

Posted on: Dec 23 2017, 03:18 PM
He'd screwed things up again, and he bloody well knew it. Skylar knelt down to pet the puppy, as he was very demanding about attention; Skylar had a feeling that he'd been getting limited attention at the shelter.

He looked up at Sunny in surprise when she kinda blurted out that she hadn't meant Mariah. Him? He was her best friend? ...Still? It might have been the case before, but when she'd been in distress, it had been Mariah that she'd used for support, so he kinda didn't think that it still was. To hear her say so, it just seemed... too good to be true, you know?

He looked at her with some kind of disbelief, not really knowing how to react to that, when she spoke again, and his jaw fell slack. He was pushing her away, wasn't he? He was too much of a failure for her to handle, and he really shouldn't be surprised, with how he'd continuously kept her at an arm's length, as if it would make things easier when she left, not really taking the time to realise that if she left, it was because of him and his actions.

"Sunny, no, I..." Wrong word, wrong word, wrong word! He pushed Preston to the side and scrambled up from the floor, and grabbed her wrist, before instantly letting go again. He couldn't force her to stay, and he couldn't hold her back. He didn't want to, because she deserved better.

"I do," he insisted, with a hint of crack in his voice. "More than anything, I promise, but... God, I know that half my thoughts are irrational. I know that, and I'm so sorry, but I can't... I don't know how to not listen to them."

"I don't want to make this hard on you. I never wanted that. I'm sorry, and I... I understand if you can't do this. I know that... I know that I'm not worth it." He bit his lip as he looked down to the floor, knowing that he'd end up making a fool of himself if he looked at her, because the thought of looking into those dark brown eyes, while fully aware that he probably wouldn't have the chance to do so again, was just too devastating.

How could I resist?

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Student
YEARS
Teleportation
Dating
played by Timeless

Posted on: Dec 23 2017, 03:43 PM

And don't it feel good
No…. No? Sunny bit down on the inside of her cheek but it didn’t lessen the sting in her eyes as her chin dropped in a small nod. Okay. No… that was….she could handle that. She could. All she could managed to breathe out was a shaky, “Oh…”, while Sky lurched to his feet, his hand suddenly on her wrist. His touch wasn’t comforting; it just made her look up at him, her eyebrows pinched together and furrowed low over her eyes. If it was “no,” why was he touching her? Maybe he knew that everything in her was screaming to just turn around and walk out of the apartment, and he had more to say before that happened.

“Not no?” she asked, her voice small in answer to his “I do.” A hazy relief flooded through Sunny, and she could have drowned in the feeling except that Sky was still looking at her intently, a hint of desperation in the way he’d grabbed onto her and then released her just as fast. Preston was at their feet, not understanding the change in the room and not really caring because obviously he needed to be played with. Now.

Her fingers curled in loosely toward her palms as she forced herself to look at Sky even though he was avoiding her gaze. He stared at the floor, and given the way Preston’s entire body shook back and forth with the force of tail wagging, the puppy thought Sky was looking at him.

Not worth it? She didn’t understand how he could stand there and say that, and it made her answer him without thinking: “Don’t be stupid.” Oh god, that wasn’t what she meant to say. Heat burned from her shoulders, creeping up her neck. “I just mean… I told you that you’re worth everything to me, right? I said that…before. It’s only been a couple days. It makes sense that we’re not where we were before; it’s just that sometimes it doesn’t feel like you want me here, and I don’t know…what to do or say or…” Uncurling her right hand, she took a careful hold on his wrist, hoping he’d look up because it was easier to believe he wanted her to stay when he looked at her. “Can you just, um, tell me when you take something I say the wrong way? Maybe? I don’t know, Sky…”

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Resident
YEARS
Water manipulation
Dating
played by lohke

Posted on: Dec 23 2017, 04:25 PM
"Don't be stupid." Skylar flinched slightly at that, unable to stop himself from doing so, knowing full well that he was stupid. He was; he messed everything up, he made Sunny feel bad repeatedly, and his knowledge about general things was still limited, even if he tried to read up on anything that might be important. It still didn't make up for the fact that he didn't remember the largest part of his life, and he would have been nothing without Sunny, Michael and lately Castor.

He listened to Sunny, trying to focus on her words, rather than the voice in his head that kept insisting that she was wrong; how could they ever be okay again?

He hated that voice, and wished that he could just cut it out with a sharp knife. He knew that wouldn't work, but sometimes the temptation to try it out seemed so strong.

He glanced up when Sunny took hold of him, and yeah, no, he still couldn't say no to her, could he? Not when she asked like this. He inhaled a shaky breath, and blinked to hold back tears. "Um..."

"I'm... It's hard? I mean, I... it feels wrong, to depend on... anyone." It felt so wrong, as if he was imposing, and yet he had no other choice, because he knew next to nothing about the world. The need to ask for help, combined with the urge to not do so, left him in a constant conflict.

"I want you..." There was the briefest pause, before he added a "here." Pathetic, Skylar, utterly pathetic.

"I do want you here, but... I'm so... scared of hurting you again, and... logically I know that, you know, trying to keep a distance, so that that won't happen is wrong. It's not right, it's not making things better. I know that, but I can't stop..."

"Because... maybe that will make it hurt less, when I ruin things again next time?" He felt a tear roll down his cheek, and his jaw tightened as he looked away again. He was a failure in every way, most importantly at being strong and capable of protecting Sunny. He'd failed. Repeatedly.

He took her wrist softly with his free hand, letting his thumb slide gently over the scars there, filled with regret and shame. "I'm sorry," he whispered.

How could I resist?

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Student
YEARS
Teleportation
Dating
played by Timeless

Posted on: Dec 23 2017, 05:25 PM

And don't it feel good
Her hand tightened, fingers sliding to curl around his wrist more firmly, like she could somehow prove to him that she wasn’t going anywhere just by that small act alone. Obviously it didn’t really prove anything. Time was the only thing that was going to prove it, right? That didn’t stop Sunny from wishing it could be good now though. That was…impatient and selfish, and she couldn’t seem to stop despite knowing it.

His hesitant “I want you here” made the tears building up on her lashes finally fall. She couldn’t…it was like being torn in two, half of her so giddy at those words that she could’ve passed out, while the other half of her felt broken at how much he seemed to hate admitting that he wanted her with him. Why was it bad to want her? Why was it bad to need someone, to depend on them? Maybe not…not as much as they both did, but a little, right?

All the words stuck in the back of Sunny’s throat, and she could only watch him and listen instead of answering anything he was saying. She didn’t have answers, anyway.

Preston had finally given up on them, padding over to Biscuit and tugging on her ear. Sunny was tempted to just say she and Sky could talk later because the dogs needed attention. It would be easier to do that, so…she couldn’t let herself; it wouldn’t be fair since Sky was trying so hard to open up and be honest with her.

Her mouth was still dry when she felt his thumb move back and forth over the scars on her wrist. “Hey, no, don’t apologize,” Sunny murmured, breathing the words out in a silent kind of horror that he blamed himself for her getting hurt. “You didn’t…these are her. Not you.”

Hesitantly, Sunny let go of his wrist to wipe away the tear on his cheek, keeping her hand against his face for a second before letting it settle in a gentle grip against the side of his neck. “You didn’t hurt me. I know…I know my head got kind of messed up and I reacted horribly and I shut you out and…I know. But you have never hurt me.” She wanted to hug him and kiss him and tell him every good thing she knew about him, but all that came out was a broken, “I’m—I’m so sorry you can’t…say that about me.”

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Resident
YEARS
Water manipulation
Dating
played by lohke

Posted on: Dec 24 2017, 09:01 AM
How could he not apologise? Sure, he hadn't physically been responsible for the scars on Sunny's perfect skin, but it was still his fault; the Russian wouldn't have targeted her, if it hadn't been because of him, Skylar was convinced of that. If Sunny hadn't risked everything because he hadn't been strong enough to handle himself, she would never have been made a target.

He shook his head, until Sunny stopped him, with wiping away the tear, and resting her hand against the side of his neck, which was strangely calming.

"I should have been there," he muttered, closing his eyes, as he leaned ever so slightly against the feeling of her touch, as if that would make the feeling linger even after she stopped applying it.

He should have been there sooner, to stop it before Sunny had had a chance of getting hurt. Even if she insisted that he hadn't physically hurt her, he had still scarred her by not being there, and by scaring her with his anger when he'd finally arrived. It was his fault. He hadn't been there, and the regret was eating at him still.

Skylar's eyes blinked open, when Sunny brokenly apologised for hurting him, as if he mattered. He truly didn't understand what she saw in him, and it broke his heart that she blamed herself for something that seemed inevitable; she was so high above him that it was a miracle that he'd ever managed to get her attention, so how could she ever stay in the long run?

"Sunny," his voice felt heavy with regret; she was supposed to be happy, and she didn't seem happy, which meant that he was failing once again. "If I hadn't hurt you, then it doesn't make sense that you're sad. It doesn't. Please don't try to take my mistakes like that, it's not your burden."

"All I ever wanted was for you to be happy, but I'm a massive failure, surely you realise that by now..." He tried to force himself to give her a smile, but it was nothing more than a slight twitch of the corner of his lips, so instead he let go of the wrist, and moved both hands to rest against her jaw, as he bend slightly to rest his forehead against hers.

"As long as you aren't happy, I won't ever stop apologising. I can't, I'm sorry."

How could I resist?

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (8) 1 2 3 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll

Admin - Mod - Member - Guest