Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

Hideaway, skylar / loh
Student
YEARS
Teleportation
Dating
all we do is think about the feelings that we hide
played by Timeless

Posted on: Sep 22 2017, 12:20 AM

sky

###

>D

j

and the less you know

Sunny watched the phone screen darken, shutting off instead of just going silent. She inhaled the crisp air of the Thursday evening. In the quiet—now that her phone wasn't ringing with yet another phone call from her mother—she felt like she could actually breathe again. Shoving the phone into her pocket, she caught the low-hanging branch of the tree she'd found just at the edge of Lake Claire. Taking a firm hold, she struggled up onto the branch until she could lean back against the trunk, sitting up in the tree and away from any casual glances down toward the shore of the lake.

All she needed was to be alone for...well, maybe forever. And while that was an obvious exaggeration, the thought came with some relief. Talking to people meant explaining things and confronting certain...um, possibilities. Biting back a groan, Sunny half-smothered her face with both hands, breath caught in her throat as her chest seized at the sudden tornado of thoughts ripping through her.

This was fine. It wasn't like she was nineteen, a student, working a part-time job, who had the emotional stability of a cartoon character who'd just discovered their entire life was one giant fiction. Yup, that made sense. She was sticking with that ridiculous analogy, thank you. Because right now, it kind of felt like her life had to be a joke. The punchline was just not funny in the slightest bit. It wasn't even the finger-guns, terrible-pun sort of funny.

She was...she was late—and not in way she normally was, you know, perpetually running behind schedule for social plans and turning in assignments a day after they were due. No, this was the other kind of late. The kind that could either lead to a "woo, false alarm" or a "oh my god, this ruins everything."

So what was she doing about it?

That's right, ladies and gentleman, Sunny was hiding. She snorted at the running commentary in her head wryly. She really was trying to keep her humor about this, but mostly she felt like breaking down and crying...which she had done when she went to the store to buy a test. Yeah, she hadn't gotten passed the first aisle.

Mariah had wanted to know what was wrong. Her parents had been calling because, well, Sunny didn't actually know why since she hadn't picked up the phone. And Sky? She was desperately trying not to think about Sky.

Stretching one leg out on the branch and letting the other hang off the side, Sunny leaned back and closed her eyes, fighting back the panic threatening to take back over. Right. See? She was fine.

the more you say you're broken

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Resident
YEARS
Water manipulation
Dating
You can't cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water.
played by lohke

Posted on: Sep 22 2017, 12:59 AM
Skylar looked at his phone with a frown. They had plans today, and Sunny was supposed to be here twenty minutes ago. It wasn't unusual for her to run a bit late, but she was normally not this late, and she always picked up when he called; this was unusual, and he was getting worried.

He tried calling her again, but the phone went straight to voicemail. "Hey, um... I'm probably overreacting a bit, but... I'm coming by to pick you up, okay? Call me if you get this. I love you."

Why wasn't she answering? He knew that there could be a bunch of reasons, but this didn't really seem like something she'd do. Not on purpose at least, so there was a chance that something might be wrong. Skylar didn't like that idea.

He'd planned the most corny date for them, and she was missing out on it. He glanced at the blanket that had been spread out for the intended indoor picnic, and packed it up. The strawberries that he'd spend time cowering with chocolate was moved to the fridge, and then he was out the door.

He took the bike, feeling the need for that, due to the worry; the car seemed less urgent. He knew that it wouldn't really be the case, but the bike would make him feel like he arrived faster, and he really needed that right now. There was an uneasy feeling in his stomach, and he needed to know that Sunny was okay.

He parked it right outside the dorm, and entered the building in a quick stride. She'd probably just fallen asleep or something; obviously everything was fine.

Mariah opened the door, not long after he'd knocked on it, and Skylar responded with a frown, especially since Mariah went with "oh, I thought... do you know what's up with her, per chance?" as a greeting. That didn't sound good, and Skylar shook his head; "do you know where she is?"

Mariah had been a huge help, as she'd gestured helplessly in the direction of the nearby forest and lake. Skylar had turned instantly and moved in that direction, biting his lip, to not go off on Mariah for not being out looking.

He kicked the bike into gear, and drove down the first path; he knew that he shouldn't ride the bike in the forest, but he was worried, and didn't care the least bit about offending people right now.

I've got you

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Student
YEARS
Teleportation
Dating
played by Timeless

Posted on: Sep 22 2017, 07:25 AM

sky

###

>D

j

and the less you know

It was the sound of a motor that broke the quiet of the lakeside spot Sunny was hiding in. Her brow furrowed as she leaned to the side in the tree, hair sweeping forward while she tried to see what idiot was actually riding a motorized vehicle out in the forest.

Oh look, it was her idiot.

Sunny’s heart slammed against the inside of her chest, and she clutched at it, biting her lip to keep back a groan at the thought of speaking to him right now. Maybe she could keep hiding. She was pretty well out of sight in the tree. And the oversized sweater she was wearing was black, so that helped.

Unfortunately, she leaned a little too far, and ended up flailing around to keep her balance on the branch, and that was like shouting out her location. Besides, did he look worried? Wait…wait, just… oh god, they’d had plans, didn’t they? Heat flooded Sunny’s face and she buried her face in her hands as she leaned back against the trunk of the tree.

Wow, she really was just…the best girlfriend, wasn’t she?

Letting her legs fall to either side of the branch, she straddled it to keep her balance, hands pressed against the space in front of her while she waited for Sky to come over. At least, she thought he’d seen her what with all the flailing.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Resident
YEARS
Water manipulation
Dating
played by lohke

Posted on: Sep 22 2017, 07:45 AM
He drove slowly through the forest; the trail was pretty clear and wide, but the Triumph was not an off-roader, and he was also busy looking around for Sunny. The nervousness felt like a black hole in his abdomen, that seemed to grow, and eat away a bit more of his calm by the minute.

Why was she out here? Why didn't she answer her phone? Why the fuck wasn't Mariah out looking for her, when she had seen what direction that she took off in?

He wanted to drive without the helmet, so he could keep a better eye on the surroundings, but there was tree roots on the path, and he didn't really feel like getting a head injury; so yeah, he drove slowly, with the visor clicked open, looking around the forest. It wasn't easy, since he had no clue where she'd might be, but he couldn't just sit by, and not look for her.

He caught a movement, and turned his head towards it, exhaling relief when he saw the shape of Sunny sitting on a branch in a tree. It felt like he could breathe again for the first time in at least an hour. She was okay.

Skylar turned up the gas, and rode the bike over to the tree, where he parked it swiftly, and pulled off the helmet, looking up towards her. Well, since she was hiding out here, and probably wasn't okay, but at least she didn't look hurt.

"Hey," he greeted her softly, as he dropped the helmet and stepped closer. He stayed at the bottom of the tree, looking up at her, with one hand on one of the lower branches; he was ready to climb up to her, but wanted to give her some space as well.

Yeah, he was worried, and he just wanted to hold her close, and make her problems go away, but he couldn't help her unless he knew what was wrong. "Are you okay?"

I've got you

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Student
YEARS
Teleportation
Dating
played by Timeless

Posted on: Sep 22 2017, 07:59 AM

sky

###

>D

j

and the less you know

She had been right; he’d seen her. The sound of the running motorcycle cut off after he parked it, and just like, her heart rate skyrocketed again. Sunny locked her ankles together under the tree branch, hopefully steadying herself a little more. God, it was probably a bad idea to stay up here when she was feeling dizzy, but if she got down, Sky would just hug her and try to make everything better—and honestly, right now, she wasn’t sure she could handle that, even if the thought softened her expression as she watched him walk closer.

Copying his soft tone, she murmured a quiet, “Hi,” back at him, tilting her chin down so she could see him. God, he looked so worried. She hated that. Don’t get her wrong, she was panicking and freaking out and imagining the thousand worst case scenarios, but she didn’t want Sky to have to deal with any of that.

Pressing her lips together, she ignored his question before saying, “You know it’s stupid to ride your motorcycle through here, right? You could’ve gotten hurt.” Which was the last thing Sunny would ever want. She’d prefer to get hurt if it could spare Sky some pain, but she knew that he’d hate that thinking.

Her grip on the tree tightened, and she sighed. “I-I forgot we had plans. I’m really sorry…” The sentence alone was odd—not the apology, that was pretty standard for Sunny, but the fact that she’d forgotten plans with Sky. She never forgot when she was going to get to see him.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Resident
YEARS
Water manipulation
Dating
played by lohke

Posted on: Sep 22 2017, 08:14 AM
She didn't look like she was firmly and securely planted on that branch, but she didn't make any moves to come down, and somehow she didn't look like she wanted him to come up either.

Skylar very much noticed how she didn't reply to his question, about whether or not she was okay, and the fact that she didn't even tried to reassure him, seemed like a major red flag. Something was wrong, and he didn't know what.

"I know," he replied to her comment about how he shouldn't be riding the motorcycle in the woods, as if it mattered. He'd needed to find her, and it had been the fastest way to get around.

Skylar's brows was furrowed in worry, as he looked up at her, desperately wanting to know what bothered her, because something clearly did, so that he could help fix it.

Sunny apologised for forgetting their plans, and Skylar frowned slightly; "it's okay," he insisted in a soft tone; it didn't matter right now. Something caused her trouble, and that was instantly far more important. He needed to get her to talk, but she'd ignored the question about whether she was okay, which, you know, wasn't entirely okay. He needed to be more direct, but without pressuring her.

"Tell me what's wrong?" he pleaded.

I've got you

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Student
YEARS
Teleportation
Dating
played by Timeless

Posted on: Sep 22 2017, 08:23 AM

sky

###

>D

j

and the less you know

It could be nothing. No, no, it probably was nothing, and she was just freaking out for no reason and causing Sky to freak out to because she couldn’t make herself tell him. Every time she tried to find a way to say it, all she could remember was the day they’d gone to buy him a suit for the wedding; his father had called, and when she’d mentioned their plans to attend the wedding a couple weeks later, he’d panicked, thinking she and Sky were the ones getting married. And then he’d asked if she was knocked up. Those words. Knocked up. God, what did that even mean? What a stupid phrase.

It was Sky’s answer that was repeating over and over in her head—that if that ever happened, they wouldn’t be stupid enough to just decide to start a family. Sunny didn’t want kids. She didn’t want a family. Well, she did, but the only person she wanted in it was Sky, because he made her feel like she’d found a home, even when they were hanging out in his studio apartment that often felt too small. But Sky…she couldn’t shake his answer, the one that seemed to imply she would naturally get an abortion if she ever ended up pregnant. Putting the kid up for adoption was something Sunny could maybe handle. She couldn’t handle the other option.

What would he say if she told him?

But she couldn’t keep staring at him in silence; he’d asked a question a while ago, and it wasn’t fair to make him wait any longer. The problem was, Sunny still didn’t want to tell him. Ever. She closed her eyes and inhaled, long and slow, before she opened them back up and then considered climbing down. It’d be harder for him to initiate physical contact if he came up into the tree thought. Maybe she wouldn’t fall to pieces if he couldn’t. “Do…um, do you want to come up?” she asked, ignoring his question again. Honestly, she knew she couldn’t keep that up, but for now… “I can slide further down the branch.” She used the trunk to balance herself so she could turn on the branch, that way she’d be facing him when he joined her.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Resident
YEARS
Water manipulation
Dating
played by lohke

Posted on: Sep 22 2017, 08:42 AM
Sunny still didn't reply to his question, and he didn't like it, at all. She was quiet for a long while; it felt like forever, and there was a hint of panic in the back of Skylar's mind, rearing it's head.

Weren't they supposed to be able to talk about everything? What could be the course of her reacting like this? What could be this bad? Was it something that he'd done? He didn't think that he'd done anything that could make her react like this. Had someone been bothering her? Had she done something, that she now regretted?

Wow, okay, that thought was quickly followed by scenarios that Skylar really didn't want to think about; primarily that she either regretted this. Them. What they had. Either that, or, please no, she'd found someone else. It was an option, and Skylar's mouth suddenly tasted a bit metallic, as he accidentally bit his cheek. Nope. No, she wouldn't do that. He didn't know what was wrong, and overthinking it like this was really not helping.

He didn't hesitate, when she asked if he'd come up, and was already halfway up, before she finished talking. It took a bit of manoeuvring, as neither the shoes or jacket that he'd grabbed, was made for climbing trees, but he managed to get up next to her. He didn't know when he'd last climbed a tree, but that really didn't matter.

Skylar managed to balance himself on a branch across from Sunny, and he looked to her; he wanted to touch her, but he didn't wanted to risk making her lose her balance, and well, she was kinda looking like she was on the edge of an emotional collapse, which was why Skylar just looked at her, quietly for a moment.

"I... I don't know what's wrong, but, um... please talk to me? I want to help."

I've got you

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Student
YEARS
Teleportation
Dating
played by Timeless

Posted on: Sep 22 2017, 09:17 AM

sky

###

>D

j

and the less you know

When she realized Sky planned to sit on the branch opposite her, Sunny turned so that she was sitting facing toward him. It took some time, since she didn’t want to lose her balance and crash to the ground—that’d just be wildly unfortunate, and oh my god, if she was pregnant… No, okay, don’t go there. She wasn’t. She was overreacting and being stupid about this and she just needed to talk to Sky because that was completely unfair to him.

Gripping the branch, she let her legs swing slightly in the empty space beneath her, waiting for Sky to sit down and say something else. She knew she wouldn’t have to wait long. He wouldn’t be able to stand the silence after she’d ignored his concern twice.

It struck her that there was no way that Sky would’ve known exactly where she was, and that meant, he’d went searching for her. Which also meant that he’d been worried sick that something had happened. Wow. Points for Sunny in the “sucky girlfriend” category. She shouldn’t have turned off her phone.

When he finally spoke, Sunny glanced up. “God,” she breathed, hating herself for a second when she processed everything he’d said. “You’re so stupidly perfect sometimes, and I just…I just really need you to not be for a second.” Oh…wow, that was going to be wildly unhelpful in calming him down.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry…” Her breath caught as her eyes started to sting. She cleared her throat and forced herself to say, “I’m really not, um, trying to be difficult. I just don’t know how you’re going to react, you know?” Of course he didn’t know. She still hadn’t told him anything.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Resident
YEARS
Water manipulation
Dating
played by lohke

Posted on: Sep 22 2017, 09:29 AM
Yeah, none of the things that she said helped him relax, in any way. In fact, he only worried more, after she replied. What did she mean that he was perfect, and how the hell did she want him to act, if this wasn't what she wanted?

Skylar's confusion was clear, as he looked at her. What did she want? What did she need from him? What the hell was going on?

Obviously it was something that bothered her a lot, and he really didn't know what it was, and that bothered him so much, because there was nothing he could do right now.

She didn't know how he was going to react? Well, that made two of them, honestly, and that was based primarily on the fact that Skylar had absolutely no clue about what he was going to react to. He really needed to know what was going on, because this was painful, being left to his imagination as to what could be the problem.

"Sunny," he started, before pausing slightly. It could be so many things, and he really didn't know what option was the most likely one. "I love you, you know that, right? I'm... Let me help, please. Talk to me."

I've got you

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Student
YEARS
Teleportation
Dating
played by Timeless

Posted on: Sep 22 2017, 09:42 AM

sky

###

>D

j

and the less you know

Her eyes slid shut again, and she ducked her head, trying to calm herself down. If she had a panic attack while she was in a tree, that would be awful. Honestly, it would be her luck if she did manage to seriously injure herself right now.

“I know,” Sunny whispered, her voice sounding small and pathetic even to her own ears, because of course Sky would respond by telling her he loved her. Of course he wanted to help. He was always there, always wanting to make her life better, always wanting her to be happy. It was a part of why she loved him—but there were a lot of reasons for why she loved him, and the fact that the idiot had driven his motorcycle into the forest to look for her definitely made the list too.

She fidgeted with the ends of her sweater sleeves. Normally she felt super comfortable in this outfit, but suddenly the knitted pattern felt stiff and too hot against her skin. “I love you too,” she finally told him, raising her gaze to see him. If possible, he only looked more concerned now.

“Um, so I, look, I…” Her mouth when dry while she looked at him, and it suddenly felt like al the words stuck in her throat. She needed to tell him. But maybe it could wait for when she knew for sure? You know, assuming she could ever convince herself to go buy a test. Probably not though.

Yanking a hand through her hair, she averted her eyes from him as she said, “It’s about a, a week after I should’ve…I should’ve, um… I just mean that I’m…late.”

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Resident
YEARS
Water manipulation
Dating
played by lohke

Posted on: Sep 22 2017, 09:57 AM
Strangely enough, the fact that she told him that she loved him too, didn't really do anything to calm him either, and he didn't like that one bit. She kinda sounded like she expected him to react like he wouldn't love her if he knew what was bothering her, and no matter what, that was as far away from the truth, as it possibly could be.

Fuck it, even if she'd ended up being with someone else, he'd still love her. Granted, yes, he'd be crushed, and would probably have some trust issues or thirty-seven, but he'd still love her. It seemed impossible to not be loving her.

She tried to tell him, and Skylar responded with waiting, with far less patience, than he'd liked; but he sat in a worried silence, waiting for her to say what she needed to say.

"Late?" Late for what? What did she mean, late? Had she forgotten something important about a week ago? Skylar tried to think back, but couldn't think of anything important that they'd might have forgotten to remember. There was nothing, as far as he knew, he was pretty sure about that.

I've got you

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Student
YEARS
Teleportation
Dating
played by Timeless

Posted on: Sep 22 2017, 10:08 AM

sky

###

>D

j

and the less you know

Sunny tensed, waiting for his reaction. Her chest started to burn when she realized that she hadn’t really been breathing during the latter part of this conversation. Not that it had been a long conversation; it just felt like a special kind of torturous eternity at the moment.

Her mouth fell slightly open at his answer, and the puzzled look on his face. Oh god. He was going to make her explain more? How did he not get it? He was always so much quicker to understand when people said things, so it, it had made sense to think that he would instantly get it, right? Except that maybe him asking was just denial. He didn’t want to understand, so he didn’t, or he pretended he didn’t. No, that was stupid. Sky wouldn’t pretend, even if the reality sucked, right?

“You know…” she tried, desperation edging into her voice despite her efforts to hide it. Taking a hold of the branch underneath her again, she tightened her fingers until she felt the bite of the bark digging into her skin. For some reason that made it easier to breathe since the slight pain made her inhale sharply.

“Late like, um, you know…” Wow, again with the “you know.” She sucked at this. Sunny exhaled slowly and then said, very quietly, “The kind of late that sometimes comes after…two people…” She floundered in a brief silence. “…sleep together? Or...don't sleep, I guess...”

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Resident
YEARS
Water manipulation
Dating
played by lohke

Posted on: Sep 22 2017, 10:29 AM
No, obviously he didn't know. How was he supposed to know? What was he supposed to know? God, he wanted to know, but he really didn't. He didn't understand what she was trying to say, and it was immensely frustrating.

She kept going on about how he should know, and being late, and... Oh.

Oh.

Oh God.

Um, yeah, okay. Okay. It made sense now, why she was so shaken. It made total sense. This was... Not planned. This was so not planned.

Skylar took one slightly shaky breath. "I... um." He didn't really know much about this kind of thing, admittedly. He knew that they'd been careful; they had, really. They were both so young; Sunny was only nineteen, for goodness sake. It was just... too early. It was far too early.

He'd never pictured himself as a parent, but there was absolutely no way that he was leaving Sunny; this wasn't purely her burden to bear. He was also at fault here, and there was no way that he'd run away from this.

He'd never pictured himself as a parent, but this would be Sunny's choice, and he'd respect it, no matter what she chose. They hadn't even discussed this possibility; he had no idea what she'd might want, but he knew that he wouldn't let her deal with this on her own.

"I, um... are you sure? I mean, I'm not going anywhere. I'm not, but... is this really... happening?"

I've got you

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Student
YEARS
Teleportation
Dating
played by Timeless

Posted on: Sep 22 2017, 10:49 AM

sky

###

>D

j

and the less you know

Yeah, he got it now. She could see it in the way the color seemed to drain from his face—admittedly, they were in pretty low lighting since the sun was starting to set now, and it didn’t take much for someone to look pale when it was dark outside, underneath the cover of trees. But yeah, she…she was pretty much a hundred percent sure that it wasn’t the lighting that was just making Sky look pale; it was definitely what she’d just told him.

God. They’d been doing so well lately. Since the convention, things had been so good. They were only closer. And okay, maybe them being closer was part of the problem, but she didn’t…she didn’t know what to do now. With everything he always told her, about how he’d only ever leave her if she told him to, honestly Sunny couldn’t imagine he’d just bail on her even if she did turn out to be pregnant. That wasn’t who Sky was, even if her anxiety was trying to convince her otherwise.

“I…don’t know for sure, no,” she finally admitted, her throat feeling tight as she tried to speak. “Um, when I went to the store, for the, uh…the test, I had a panic attack. And I didn’t get it, so…” His reassurance that he wasn’t leaving didn’t surprise Sunny, but he was shaken. And honestly? They both damn well had reason to be. Forgive the language.

Her shoulders raised and dropped in a quick shrug. “I don’t know…”

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last »
Add Reply

Admin - Mod - Member - Guest