We Need To Talk, Tony/Jade
Student
YEARS
Portal Creation
Dating
played by Mystique

Posted on: Dec 3 2017, 02:42 PM
Times, they are a'changin'

The camping trip had gone well, so she thought anyway. It had seemed that Anthony was happy, that she was able to show him life wasn't over because of his knee and that together they could get him past this. He was smart, good at more thing than just football and motorcycles and she wanted him to know he still had his whole life ahead of him and that the options for him were endless. Still, she understood how he felt and that in his eyes everything had changed so she continued to do her best at showing him life was still good. She even went to physical therapy with him, tried to work with him on their own as well and do whatever she needed to show that she was there for him whenever he needed her.

She tried to ignore that something seemed off, different, about him. Tried to ignore that he went out a lot alone at strange hours, that his eyes often seemed glassy and out of focus and he just...wasn't acting like himself. She tried to brush off how often he seemed to rely on the pain meds when he really shouldn't need them anymore, or at least not to the extent he seemed to, and just told herself that he was in pain, his knee had been destroyed after all, and in an attempt to help she did some research into more holistic pain remedies. She'd massage the muscles of his leg when he would let her, or really when she talked him into letting her, and even offered healthier option to help his pain. He was kind enough to try but she couldn't help but feel like he did it more for her than himself. Then the shady texts started.

He'd turn his phone screen off if she walked up behind him or hold it at an angle she couldn't clearly see it if they were cuddling and at first she wondered if he was talking to another girl, if she wasn't what he wanted anymore. She quickly calmed those fears by reassuring herself that he would just tell her if that was the case and he would simply just start to push her away which he wasn't exactly doing. No, he was just acting strangely. Shady behavior didn't always mean cheating. Besides if she was honest with herself she was pretty sure she knew what was really going on but without proof she couldn't exactly confront him about it. So she did something she'd hate herself for but would hated herself more if she didn't and lost him for real.

With a portal she let herself into his room after making sure he was out for a while and then...searched it. The whole time she felt horrible for what she was doing but she also knew it needed to be done, she had to know one way or another what was going on with him. She couldn't help him if she didn't have all the information and she refused to let him slip away because of something she could help him fix. She refused to let him destroy himself; she loved him too much to let that happen. She also hoped she wouldn't find anything, that there was another reason for his behavior. That hope was dashed as she found his stash. Okay, it wasn't really as bad as cheating but as she sat on his bed with the drugs in her hand she wished that was the case. Addiction was no joke and with the amount she was looking at, knowing it wasn't prescribed, she knew that was what was happening with her boyfriend. Thanks to dealing with an alcoholic mother she knew that if she didn't help him control it, kick the addiction, sooner rather than later she really would lose him and she didn't think she could survive that.

So, with his stash in hand, she pulled out her phone and shot him a simple text. 'We need to talk, asap.'

(( I made some wee assumptions. If you need me to change anything let me know ))

--------------------
user posted image
Banner made by the lovely Jade<3
PM
^
Student
YEARS
Fire Manipulation
Dating
It's always been you
played by Jade

Posted on: Dec 3 2017, 08:00 PM
Anthony had been pretty much spiraling out of control since he woke in the hospital after his accident. This drug addiction was just an .. accident. One that he wasn't proud of. Nor was he just going to spill to Abby. He knew of her past with her mother and her mothers addiction to alcohol. He didn't want to lose Abby when she found out he was addicted to pain killers. So he'd been doing everything he possibly could to make things look .. normal, without letting her see his text messages and he tried to go out to make his buys when she wouldn't notice. Or at least .. he thought he was keeping thing normal. That to him everything appeared normal.

When he got Abby's text to talk, he'd been out obtaining one more bag of pills, he knew what he had with what he was buying would be enough to last him for a little while and then his going out late wouldn't be as frequent. Nor would his messaging. He was getting smart about how to keep this a secret. Of course he had no idea just how much Abby suspected him and his actions.

When her text message came he frowned some but didn't really think much of it. He sent back that he'd be home in about 15 minutes and that she was welcome to wait. He knew she knew how to let herself in. Of course he had no clue that she was already there. Or why she wanted to talk. But he knew that aside from his drug use which she knew nothing about, that she and him were in a good place. So he hadn't been to worried about what there would be for them to need to talk about. Maybe she was hungry and wanted to know about plans for dinner, which he could go for right about now.

Once he got to the door, he slid the key in the lock and turned it. Not everyone could just let themselves in without using a key and they doorknob. Though he did like being able to use the perks of Abby's abilities when she was with him. Once he was inside he put his keys down on the table made his way to his room to put his backpack down. Upon entering the dorm he has assumed if Abby was there that she would have made herself comfy on the couch and waited for him. So he thought he'd beat her there. So when he got to his room, seeing her there had surprised him. Seeing what she was holding made his heart sink. She knew. He swallowed some. "What are you doing with that?"

PMAIM
^
Student
YEARS
Portal Creation
Dating
played by Mystique

Posted on: Dec 3 2017, 08:19 PM

He phone chimed and she saw his message but she didn't reply back to it. He would be there in time enough anyway. So she sat on his bed, legs folded beneath her, drugs in his hand and just stared at the bag of pills. She had wanted to be able to think of what she was going to say to him when he came in, what she wanted to say and what he needed to hear but her brain was refusing to think, to process anything but the image of what was sitting in her hands. She couldn't say he had lied to her, he hadn't, he just hadn't told her he was struggling with an addiction because this much drugs could only be that, not to mention he had hidden them. As she waited for him anger flared and settled to sadness only to flare again like a rollercoaster she wanted off of but was stuck on. There was one thing she was sure of and it was that this was not going to be pretty.

He had told her'd be back in fifteen minutes and that was probably exactly how long it took him to come back but it felt like so much longer to her as she dreaded what was going to happen. She was not going to let him spiral out of control, she was not going to let him become someone like her mother and she sure as hell wasn't going to let him destroy his life with drugs. If that meant they were about to get into a screaming match then so be it. They had never fought before, hardly ever argued seriously, and this would be a first. It was not a first she was looking forward to but her love for him would not let her give up on him. If she had to take him to rehab herself and find a way to strand him there she would do it.

She heard the door to his dorm open and her heart rate picked up, quickening with every step she heard him take closer to where she sat on his bed with the evidence in her hands. She looked up at he reached the door and she watched his face fall, watched his throat move as he swallowed, and she knew that the little bit of hope she had still clung onto that maybe this was all some huge misunderstanding.

"I think I'm the one that should be asking you that," she started, speaking quietly, "but I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to it so really all I can ask is...why?" She looked up at him and her eyes were glassy as she fought back tears, suddenly more upset than she thought she would be but she was surprised to find that it wasn't just him she was upset at but herself for not doing something sooner, for not asking about it earlier when it would have been easier to get him help and get him clean. "Is...is this my fault?" Had she been too pushy? Not pushy enough? Had he silently been crying out for her help and she had missed it?

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Student
YEARS
Fire Manipulation
Dating
It's always been you
played by Jade

Posted on: Dec 3 2017, 09:40 PM
Anthony's dark blue eyes never left the bag of pills in her hand. Her question of why hand't been enough to make him look at her. Why? How could she ask why? She knew why. The doctors had given him the pills for the pain. The pain hadn't just stopped when the prescriptions for the pills did. She'd been to therapy with him, she had to know that things weren't just better because time had passed. But .. she had to know. How could she not know that he needed those pills because he hurt.

But her second question had his eyes raising to meet hers. How could this have been her fault. None of it was her fault. It was his. And he didn't even know how she could think this was her fault. "Abby" He let the backpack drop from his hands and moved a little further into the room. "What ever you think this is .. it's not your fault. "

He had tried to go about managing his pain through the right channels. The problem had been that even though he was still in very real pain the doctors told him no. They prescribed him drugs, got him hooked and then took them away. He had tried to manage without them but the fact was, he couldn't. "And you know why .. Just because the doctors think I shouldn't be in pain doesn't mean its not very real. This is just .. it's the only way I know how to manage." She hadn't actually accused him of being an addict, but that's how this felt.

PMAIM
^
Student
YEARS
Portal Creation
Dating
played by Mystique

Posted on: Jan 23 2018, 07:23 PM

She knew he was still in pain but he should still need the perscription level, hard core, drugs he had been given when he was out of the hospital, when his knee had still been a mess of stitches and healing skin. And even if he was if it really was for the pain he wouldn't need this much, he wouldn't need to hide it from her. If he was really still in that much pain the doctors would help him because something had to be wrong if he still needed this level of drug. She still thought it was her fault, even as he told her it wasn't, because she should have seen the signs. Her mother was an alcoholic, that was an addiction and she knew the signs, but she had missed them in him. Or had she? Maybe she just didn't want to see them because she didn't want to think another person in her life would be reliant on a substance just so they could feel...or not feel.

A shaking breath was sucked into her chest, her fingers gripping tightly to the bag in her hand, wanting to open a portal and toss them down some active volcano somewhere. "If you're in this level of pain...the doctors would help you. It's not that they don't think you shouldn't be in pain but your pain should be manageable by now without...without...this." she held the bag out, still in her death grip, eyes still glassy with tears held back. It was as she held that bag that she remembered something he had told her a while ago, that he had struggled with addiction before but he had beaten it, had kicked the habit, so she knew...she knew it was possible for him to fall back into it but it also gave her hope that he could kick it again and, with her help, never fall back into it.

"This isn't just pain, Anthony," she sighed softly, her hand with the bag filled with pills falling to her lap. "There are better ways to manage, taking pills is not one of them. Not..." she couldn't even say it, couldn't for the word 'addiction' from her mouth but though he may deny it, they may both deny it, that's what this was.

"This is a problem, not an answer." And he hadn't asked for her help. Maybe it was that which hurt more than his hiding it, than her missing the signs, that he didn't think he could trust her with it, tell her he had an issue and ask her to help him with it.

"Be honest...are you really in that much pain because of your knee...or because if you stop taking these, if you admit it's a problem, you'll have to face the truth, face what happened and what it means for the changes in your life?"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Student
YEARS
Fire Manipulation
Dating
It's always been you
played by Jade

Posted on: Feb 3 2018, 02:43 AM
Anthony could help the chills that ran down his spine, looking at Abby holding the bag of illegal pills he’d bought. But she didn’t understand. Just standing on it caused him pain. And being the active guy he had been before the wreck trying to be that guy again was making him hurt worse. ”I tried to ask them for help. They said no. No amount of stretching and heat or ice could make this go away” he’d be the one who definitely knew about whether the heat would help. He was full of it.

And there it was. I’m not so many words. She was pointing out that this was more than just the pain he was dealing with. Like it wasn’t completely acceptable to help yourself if the doctors wouldn’t. But apparently it wasn’t acceptable.

And when the word problem left her lips he frowned some. ”Problem?! This isn’t a problem Abby.” he didn’t like feeling like she was accusing him of something that wasn’t happening. Accept that even though he couldn’t see it … it was a problem. Because it was. One that had been spiraling out of control for … probably since then end of his first prescribed bottle of pills. And it had been getting worse because he didn’t know how to ask her for help with an addiction problem. She hadn’t exactly fought for her mother who was an addict, why would she fight for him? He was an addict just like her mother. Probably even worse because he’d been clean once, and somehow had let himself relapse.

”Even with those pills I will never be the same. I can’t run or play sports. I can barely walk without pain. I’m never going to be what I could have been. I’m not ok with that. Why should I have to live in constant pain for the rest of my life on top of that too?” He was the one who was losing everything. She couldn’t see that, all she saw was someone who needed ‘saving’. He was just trying to be fair to himself. ”The only problem I have is trying to live with this everyday. I don’t think it’s fair that you’re trying to tell me how I should and shouldn’t deal with this pain. You don’t know what it feels like”

PMAIM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

Admin - Mod - Member - Guest