Second Impressions Are Everything, tag:Syn
Student
YEARS
Fire Manipulation
Dating
It's always been you
played by Jade

Posted on: Jul 11 2017, 03:21 AM
Anthony hadn't exactly been looking for her, it had just been a, he supposed he could it a happy accident. He wasn't in need for drugs already. But a good buzz was what he was looking for when he happened in to pulse envy. But seeing her face and remembering the talk of motorcycles they'd had brought a small smile to his face.

He moved further into the place. It was rather warm in there, his leather jacket certainly not helping him any. He'd scuffed up the arm and the shoulder of the jacket when he'd had his accident, but it didn't look so bad really. The leather jacket had saved his arm from a lot of the heart ache that had happened to his leg. But in the jeans if it weren't for his small limp, you couldn't tell he'd been injured at all.

He made it over to the bar and showed the person working it his id. He ordered a beer and then two shots. Once they were in front of him he paid for it and then, rather skillfully, if he did say so himself, carried the two shot glasses and beer to where she was set up at. "Do they let you drink while you work?" He offered the small glass of alcohol to her. Their first meeting had been a little bumpy. What better way to smooth things over further than with some alcohol?

PMAIM
^
Resident
YEARS
Sonokinesis
Single
"Are you the fire or just another flame?"
played by Timeless

Posted on: Jul 18 2017, 12:12 AM

I'M MISS NOTHING

❝ SO I'LL WASTE MY TIME AND I'LL BURN MY MIND. I'M MISS NOTHING, I'M MISS EVERYTHING. I'M MISS FORTUNE, MISS SO SOON ❞
Syn fixed the headphones back over her ears, smirking at the rapt silence of the crowd the second before the music kicked into gear and they went wild. She lived for this. The rush of adrenaline running in her blood shook away the tiredness. Technically, Syn hadn’t been scheduled to work tonight, and so she’d stayed up all day instead of sleeping. When one of her co-workers had sent her an SOS, she’d agreed to take over his shift at Pulse Envy. The party must go on, right?

It was well into her second set when a familiar face approached her booth, alcohol in hand. Reaching up, she moved the headphones off her right ear, grinning down at Tony, though she was surprised to see him around. Surely he didn’t want more drugs. Syn had already told Johnny she refused to do anymore runs for him. It had been a one-time gig for Syn.

“Yeah, ‘bout as much as they let minors buy alcohol.” She raised an eyebrow up, clearly daring him to deny the fact that he was under twenty-one. There was just no way this kid was old enough to be drinking. Not that she cared enough to stop him. In fact, she snagged one of the shot glasses and downed the alcohol in one go.

Mmm…good stuff, actually. She propped herself up by an arm on the edge of her booth, leaning down to be able to speak to him without yelling over the music. “You here for a party or for a fix, man? Cause I can offer you the first in spades. You’re out of luck on the second.”
nina
##
yay!
four
PM
^
Student
YEARS
Fire Manipulation
Dating
It's always been you
played by Jade

Posted on: Jul 18 2017, 02:23 AM
Anthony smirked some when she took her headphones off. Her words didn't phase him. If the bartender didn't care or was to stupid to recognize his I.D. as a fake one then that wasn't his problem. It wasn't like he'd been looking for a free good time. He had payed for the alcohol. So he wasn't really causing a problem right?

"So then that's a yes?" Sure he wouldn't deny to her how young he was. But he was going to guess that she didn't much care. She'd sold him drugs .. why care about the alcohol. "I can't help if its a good I.D." He let his eyes move from her to her set up. She seemed to have it going on. She didn't seem disappointed when she took the shot emptying it. He did the same with his. He figured after giving her grief about being a cop and such he did kind of owe her the shot. Maybe he'd been a little more paranoid than he should have been. But now that he had his fix he was back in his right mind.

"Not here for a fix. I told you .. I'm not addicted. That stuff will last me a while" While the second part was true and that what he had bought would last more than the few days, the first part was probably .. was .. it was a lie. "What kind of party are you offering?" Anthony liked parties .. sometimes. Usually he was such a loner at parties. Socializing really wasn't his forte. Heck if he got a good enough of a buzz going on, he'd probably play some tricks with his power. Well he could do that without a buzz, but he'd need the buzz to not care if people saw the tricks. So he went about drinking the beer in his hand.

PMAIM
^
Resident
YEARS
Sonokinesis
Single
played by Timeless

Posted on: Jul 18 2017, 10:25 AM

I'M MISS NOTHING

❝ SO I'LL WASTE MY TIME AND I'LL BURN MY MIND. I'M MISS NOTHING, I'M MISS EVERYTHING. I'M MISS FORTUNE, MISS SO SOON ❞
Syn’s brow furrowed slightly even though her lips were still spread in a crooked smile. Yeah, not addicted. She believed that. But whatever. If he wanted to live in denial, that was his business. Her younger brother was an addict, after all, though none of the “hard stuff.” Caleb was always making sure she knew it was never the hard stuff. Syn didn’t really care. To her, drugs were drugs, and that was why the guilt over dealing had weighed on her so heavily.

“Whatever you say,” she said, shrugging carelessly and dismissing the subject. Syn wasn’t anyone important in this guy’s life, and she didn’t care enough to question his decisions. She dragged a hand through her hair, pushing the loose strands back so they weren’t caught in her headphones. There was nothing more irritating than her hair getting in her face as she was spinning.

Her gaze flashed back to Tony at his question. She grinned and answered, “Only the best kind of party. DJ’d by me. I’m about to take a break though, so you’ll have to hold onto your jaw and drop it later.” Syn smirked, the current song coming to an end not long after. She grabbed the microphone. ”All right, Pulse Envy, this is DJ Synsations!” The cheer from the crowd always made her grin. ”Yeah, yeah, love you losers too. I’m headed on break. Keep the party going for me!” She always prepared a set of songs to play while she was on break, and she played it now.

Pulling her headphones down around her neck, she swung down from the booth. She landed directly in front of Tony and stole his beer, taking a drink. “God, that’s crap beer.” She handed it back to him like it had first been offered to her. “So you’re gonna need to at least tell me how old you are so I can figure out exactly how much trouble I’m involving myself with.”
nina
##
yay!
four
PM
^
Student
YEARS
Fire Manipulation
Dating
It's always been you
played by Jade

Posted on: Jul 18 2017, 05:42 PM
Anthony seemed to always get that yeah sure whatever you say answer from her when he said he wasn't addicted. He wasn't. Or he told himself but so far he was probably the only one who would believe it. He was doing his best to manage his pain and nothing more. The fact that he'd tried to give it up and couldn't was completely irrelevant.

This chick was quite full of herself. But he didn't really mind that. Ryder had kinda come across that way when he'd first met her. And she had turned out to be really not full of herself so he couldn't really judge Syn yet either.

He made a face when she swung down and took his beer. ”Always cheap beer and good shots” he always got the best buzz that way. Besides one shouldn't cheap out on the kind of alcohol they put in shot glasses. Beer was beer and it usually didn't much make a difference.

He shook his head some when the question of his age came up again. ”21 of course” that's what his ID said. ”But if you can keep a secret 19” he was guessing that she could keep a secret.

PMAIM
^
Resident
YEARS
Sonokinesis
Single
played by Timeless

Posted on: Jul 19 2017, 12:39 PM

I'M MISS NOTHING

“Twenty-one it is,” Syn said, raising both eyebrows and smirking at him. He at least didn’t have a baby face like Elijah, so it was unlikely that anyone was going to pull him aside and really look into his ID. A close look would reveal it as a fake, she expected. It was funny, since Elijah was far older than 21 and yet he was always getting carded. Her smirk widened into an amused smile at the thought, even though it was accompanied with the flash of annoyance she always felt when she thought about her…nothing. They were nothing.

“You dance, Mr. 21?” Syn asked, bored out of her mind and not really wanting to go sit at the bar during her break. Elijah had absolutely no coordination and so dancing with him was like signing a death sentence. And Syn, Syn loved to dance. The music was a part of her in a way that most people could never understand because of her power. Sonokinesis definitely had its perks. She used it as easily as she breathed, even using it now to easily hear and be heard over the music.

She returned her focus to Tony, waiting for his answer and letting her hand tap against the side of her leg to the beat of the music. He was nineteen, so she didn’t feel weird about asking him to dance. Yeah, she was six years older, but he was legal, so she couldn’t get in trouble. Plus, a dance was harmless.
nina
##
yay!
four
PM
^
Student
YEARS
Fire Manipulation
Dating
It's always been you
played by Jade

Posted on: Jul 19 2017, 06:53 PM
Anthony smiled more when she said twenty one it is. Maybe her way of saying they wouldn't hear he was underage from her. Which he would be thankful for. He was looking forward to a good buzz tonight.

When she asked if he danced he shrugged some. ”Alittle. I'm nothing great but I suppose I could be way worse. Why? Was that an invitation?” he usually didn't frequent the bar scene looking to dance but this was a club so he supposed that's what you were supposed to do. Besides, he was sure he could heat up the room better than any one else.

PMAIM
^
Resident
YEARS
Sonokinesis
Single
played by Timeless

Posted on: Jul 20 2017, 02:06 PM

I'M MISS NOTHING

Syn raised both eyebrows, kind of surprised this dude wasn’t catching her very obvious point. Duh it was an invitation. She was bored and wanted to dance. He was around and passably attractive (too young for serious interest, but undeniably good looking). “No,” Syn said with a shake of her head and a smirk, “I was just taking a poll on all the guys standing around not dancing, trying to see if it was by choice or just tragically unfortunate that nobody wanted to dance with them.”

His self-assessment of being “nothing great” would have affected her decision more if Elijah wasn’t a total disaster on the dance floor. Anybody was better than him, and Tony was closer at hand than anyone else. Plus, he didn’t seem interested in her life, which meant he wasn’t gonna be all grope-y. No offense, but, that really wasn’t the reason Syn liked dancing. Guys always seemed to think otherwise though.

“So was that a no?”
nina
##
yay!
four
PM
^
Student
YEARS
Fire Manipulation
Dating
It's always been you
played by Jade

Posted on: Aug 2 2017, 11:34 PM
Anthony rolled his eyes at her sarcastic answer to his question. "I just can't seem to attract girls who aren't sarcastic" Of course she had no idea what he was talking about. But friend or more .. every girl he'd been around had this sarcastic sense of humor that he couldn't get away from. Not that he disliked it, they for sure kept him on his toes but still. He was pretty sure Ryder would have never asked him to dance though. She'd much rather be playing the music than dancing to it. He missed her but he knew she was off doing awesome things.

When he question came he looked to her and smiled some. "I suppose I could manage a dance or two." He actually didn't know if dancing was something he could do or not do now that his knee was trashed. But he supposed he was about to find out. If it was anything like running he'd be screwed cause he had tried to go for a jog the other day and that hadn't worked out well for him. He was sure he'd be a much better slow dance partner than what was currently playing but he'd dance with her any ways.

PMAIM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

Admin - Mod - Member - Guest