Add Reply

Douglas, Skylar, 19 | student | water manipulation
Resident
YEARS
Water manipulation
Dating
You can't cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water.
played by lohke

Posted on: Sep 7 2014, 08:49 AM
Skylar Lynn
Douglas
Water Manipulation
Silas Student
General »

Nicknames: Sky, Lynn, Doug
Birth-date: February 14th, 1995
Birthplace: Clayton, NY
Sexuality: Bi-curious

Appearance »

Eye color: Brown
Hair color: Brown
Height: 5'10
Build: Normal to athletic
Scars: A few faded ones, arms and thighs.
Tattoos: A mermaid on the right side of his ribcage, in memory of his mother.
Piercings: None

Basics »

• Reading
  • Humour
  • Running
  • Music
  • His father

Dislikes:
  • Bullies
  • Rules
  • Terrible grammar
  • Tomatoes

Fears:
  • Sharks
  • Panic Attacks
  • Water
  • Falling back into depression
  • Loosing his father
Other Information:
  • Fighting to overcome his fear of water

Personality »
Sky hasn't yet figured out who he is; most of the time he's a smart-ass, always present with an insulting or perverted comment, always up for a prank; at other times he studies without end, and keeps his focus on the books, sucking up knowledge and ignores everyone around him. He is a peculiar kid, but will do anything for people that he considers friends, and he rarely backs down from a challenge.
He is a a walking bag of contradictions, yet, if he sets his mind on something it takes a big deal to change his mind, and if you catch him on a bad day, you can risk his mood changing faster than a stop-light on steroids.

Power Description »
He has not yet achieved control over his abilities, so Sky is still unaware of his potential. So far he has managed a few things, like not getting wet during a thunderstorm or two, overflowing a few toilets (on accident, honestly), and well, saving himself from drowning. With practice he has potential to master water manipulation to it's fullest, but he is currently quite limited by his phobia.

History »
You want to know the definition of irony?
Being terrified of water, because you watched your mother drown when you where six, and you couldn't help her, only to later realise that you are a mutant, and your ability is to, wait for it, manipulate water.
Wupti-freaking-doo, who was the celestial jerk that thought that was a funny move to pull?

Anyway, as you might have figured, I was mostly raised by my dad, after we lost my mom. She was beautiful, you know? A professional swimmer; dad always said that she could have gone to the Olympics, if she hadn't gotten pregnant with me. I was the only on that was present when she drowned; taking care of myself at the shore, while she went for a dive in the St. Lawrence River. We lived in Clayton, pretty close to the river, is was a lovely weather and dad was away on a business trip. It was a good day, until mom suddenly disappeared, out in the river.

They never found her body, says that the current took her. After a while we moved; dad says that Clayton didn't feel like a home any more. We ended up in St. Johnsbury, Vermont. Do you have any idea how many lakes there actually is in this godforsaken country? I stayed out of anything larger than a bathtub, and even those I didn't feel comfortable in.

So, yeah, since I first came across rumours of mutants on the internet, I've always been fascinated by it, I mean, how could you not be?
I used to fantasize about having powers, like, teleportation, duplication, shape shifting or something; just think about how cool that could be? I loved the idea, and would have loved if any of my friends were mutants too. So cool, are you kidding me?

Not so cool when you actually turn out to be a mutant, though. I was at a private party with some friends, and this idiot, whom I might have insulted at an earlier time, and apparently he had found out that I'm not really that fond of water, because he and his stupid buddies found it funny to grab hold of me and drag me to the pool and throwing me into it. Yeah, real fun.
Obviously I had a major panic attack, and because of that it took me a great while longer than it should have to realize that I actually wasn't in the water; I was surrounded by it, laying curled up at the bottom of the pool, the water not touching me, but rather surrounding me, as is it was held back by invisible walls.

So, being a mutant was no longer a fantasy, but a harsh reality, resulting in a loss of friends that I thought I could count on, being treated like a freak, a depression, a bit of self harm, anti-depressants, and finally, after a while, a change in schools, when dad found out about Silas and had me transferred.

OOC Name: lohke
Face Claim Dylan O'Brien
How did you find us? Affiliates banner on Upstate.
▲▲▲

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Admin
YEARS
Killin' Nazis.
Crazy Cat Lady
Bawnjorno.
played by Vel

Posted on: Sep 7 2014, 04:09 PM

ACCEPTED!
Skylar is just such an adorable character and I'm incredibly excited to see him around the board and plot with him! I love that he's a smart-ass and a prankster, I'm sure that'll make for some really exciting threads xD Can't wait to see what you do with this guy!

Welcome to emPOWERED Lohke! Now that your character's application has been accepted, please remember to do your claims as soon as possible and fill in your mini-profiles! But most importantly, have fun!!!

{ Face Claim }{ Power Claim }{ Who's Who }

--------------------

to both your family and your cows I say: bravo.

i swear im not a nazi lover. just a hans landa lover.
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

Admin - Mod - Member - Guest